• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Boss spawn causing PC reboot

SpookyD

Oct 13, 2018
HI Guys,
Hope this is OK to ask here as i am having a PC issue while playing KF2. I suspect my GPU may be the issue. But I do not want to shell out 500 dosh for a new one if its not needed yet. I am running a gforce 970 for about 5 years now and am still happy with the frame rates I get for all of the games I play so i am in no hurry for an upgrade.

So what happens is i play a 7 round game of KF no issues, then when I get to the boss fight the boss spawn in animation and my PC to just reboots. Not BSOD just black then bios loading. Does something special happen during the boss spawn in time that might cause this?

Any one have any ideas. I have had this happen about 10 times now in KF2, It did happen once also playing halo 1.
I play a lot of battlefield 5 and battlefront 2 and have never had this issue happen. is it something to do with the unreal engine.

any advice would be appreciated. I do not want spring for a new card only to find out its a ram issue of HD issue.