Boss idea modeled 3ds max 2011

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
[___]

Attachments

• Killingfloor-TestMatriarch.jpg
    Killingfloor-TestMatriarch.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Killingfloor-TestMatriarch2.jpg
    Killingfloor-TestMatriarch2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Killingfloor-TestMatriarch3.jpg
    Killingfloor-TestMatriarch3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Killingfloor-TestMatriarch4.jpg
    Killingfloor-TestMatriarch4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Killingfloor-TestMatriarch5.jpg
    Killingfloor-TestMatriarch5.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
i was kinda expecting something to look at -can you get a pic up?

sorry the uploads didn't work the first time and i was up till 1 in the morning finishing up the detail...

well she's there now and hope you have suggestions.

dogbadger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
good work - thou i'd be tempted to change her hair.
what are your ideas for her methods of attack, and how would she respond to player attacks/damage?
for example she would logically be aided by crawlers i guess, either from the get-go or when she gets hurt..?

Fa11ure

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2009
Norway
Nice

Nice

Let me tell you one thing, i would bloody crap myself if i ever saw that...that.....THING running towards me while im holding a syringe or knife, but yeah a new boss would be nice. As long as it is linked to the story :) His wife would fit right in really hope we get some new bosses soon :) would boost the game abit :)

Olivier

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Let me tell you one thing, i would bloody crap myself if i ever saw that...that.....THING running towards me while im holding a syringe or knife, but yeah a new boss would be nice. As long as it is linked to the story :) His wife would fit right in really hope we get some new bosses soon :) would boost the game abit :)
His wife got killed.... by him.

Repeller

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 20, 2010
His wife got killed.... by him.

In short, yes.

The story doesn't play out. The SIREN was the clone Kevin (The Patriarch" made of his wife, and since his wife always wanted to sing, he created her as a vocal weapon. He used the siren to kill his wife.

I like that design though, it looks very nice.

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Matriarch = Kevin's step daughter from mom's side of the family that he did not know about until his relationship started to go south. <insert more backstory here on how he found out about her>.

With no other family(Before he turned himself into a specimen) he sought create a family bond with her as even though he killed his wife, he still thought about her and his past. While he was still absorbed into his work at the labs, they still had contact and a bond formed. Together, they formed a bond following the events of <Kevin's Wife's Name> Death.

Following the specimen outbreak, Kevin did not wish to see her die. He took her into his protection. She then found out, to her horror, that he was the one responsible for the disaster in London. From that moment on, she saw him as a monster, and no longer a father she had once known. This angered Kevin because it further reminded him of his family and more so his wife. Still, he could not hurt her, for he cared for her. Instead, he decided to try to make her a "True" member of his "Family" . . . a specimen . . .
The girl refused but with the power of the specimens and the rogue scientists, fighting was futile. After several procedures and a full mindwipe, the Matriarch was born, ready to serve, protect, and nurture Kevin's armies of Zeds, what better mother could a Zed have?

Too far out? Cheesy? Or ok? :D

Last edited:

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
Matriarch = Kevin's step daughter from mom's side of the family that he did not know about until his relationship started to go south. <insert more backstory here on how he found out about her>.

With no other family(Before he turned himself into a specimen) he sought create a family bond with her as even though he killed his wife, he still thought about her and his past. While he was still absorbed into his work at the labs, they still had contact and a bond formed. Together, they formed a bond following the events of <Kevin's Wife's Name> Death.

Following the specimen outbreak, Kevin did not wish to see her die. He took her into his protection. She then found out, to her horror, that he was the one responsible for the disaster in London. From that moment on, she saw him as a monster, and no longer a father she had once known. This angered Kevin because it further reminded him of his family and more so his wife. Still, he could not hurt her, for he cared for her. Instead, he decided to try to make her a "True" member of his "Family" . . . a specimen . . .
The girl refused but with the power of the specimens and the rogue scientists, fighting was futile. After several procedures and a full mindwipe, the Matriarch was born, ready to serve, protect, and nurture Kevin's armies of Zeds, what better mother could a Zed have?

Too far out? Cheesy? Or ok? :D

i down right ****in loved it
better than the wife idea.

you sir have just won the internet....for 1 week lol

no but seriously i love that pitch of yours and will surely get implemented, thank you for your creative ingenuity.

l8s

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
You could set it up so that each leg moves and reacts to the environment individually. Sort of like independent suspension but have it work side to side too so she could squeeze through doors.

Look at UT2004 HL2 Strider vehicle. I think Marco coded it, he would know how to do it.

Dazreiello

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2010
She sounds pretty cool, reading This description she sounds totally awesome, Perhaps adding a weapon would make her too beasty, here she can avoid a major pipe spam, and can trap you in webs with tougher crawlers spawning where she pleases from her eggs, (which I hate crawlers more than anything >:n evil little buggers). Although if you need perhaps add her a shoulder rifle or some sort. Oh she needs Siran roars :D Pattry was missing that and/or maybe Acid, like Bloats.

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
Dazreiello;. Oh she needs Siran roars :D Pattry was missing that and/or maybe Acid said:
yes and yes to both

those are what he lacks and i do believe that would be beneficial to her.
thanks!

Repeller

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 20, 2010
yes and yes to both

those are what he lacks and i do believe that would be beneficial to her.
thanks!

Now, now.. Let's not just toss every specimen into a pot and pull out a... Matriarch?

Let's try being rational about these abilities, try something we haven't tried, do things we have not done, and not use things we have already used. I do not want a boss with already implemented abilities. I realize that would make development easier, but developing isn't easy.. We need something new.. Something fresh.

Dazreiello

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2010
IN context of the story having some of the Monsters abilities, (especially ones the Patriarche doesnt already have) Makes more sense. He was pretty much created by his fellow scientist before they all when their ways from the parts that belonged to the other Zeds.

We're making a Matriarche so this makes alot of sense to do so, I understand where youre coming from Repeller, but unless we're making something that branches away from the Patriarche himself we need these abilities on for the sake of the story, otherwise Its not so connected to him anyway.