• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bonzai charges!!!

WiFiDi

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
this isn't a thread on if its possible but an idea of how it could work.

(on a capture point single re spawn game.)

when the point is about to be captured the general(/or squadleader if general is dead.) can call a bonzai charge. thus everyone who is dead waiting for next round spawns rapidly around the commander (inconspicuously) having only a small amount of ammo and a bayonet they charge the point. (if your in close proximity to the commander who is holding his familys sword you get a speed bonus and closer you are more resitance from bullets you get. you run into the enemy stabing and fighting your way to captureing the point.

• the bonzai charge can only happen once per map so choose wisely.

• the commander gets a slightly better speed boost so that he is infront.

• the commander/the initiator pulls out a his family sword. maybe have a customizable sword in customization area out of game, so you can make your sword look unique.
United states would have a similar type of thing called last stand which is when a certain number of people are left a commander(/squad leader if commader dead.) can call a Last Stand where everyone with in the proximity of the point gets decreased recoil, better suppression, for a short period of time. can only be used once per map and only if your under a certain amount of units.

this actually could be a really cool game changing feuture if put into RS. if you want a better explanation i be glad to explain more just ask. i sleep now good night everyone. :D

Reactions: Chadwiick and Harb
OH **** IT'S A ****ING BONZAI CHARGE RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAY

Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif
Hw6FW.gif

Upvote 0
Can't the squad leader in HoS use a force respawn for everyone at one point during the game? Maybe this system could be modified to allow continuous respawns for however long the developer (maybe 1 or 2 minutes depending on the map size) wants so there could be a true, continuous charge. I don't know, just a thought.

Upvote 0
I hate to bump this up, but I wanted to say that bonzai bonus is just a bad idea.
So everybody on the japanese team will suddenly only be able to use katanas?
What if there are 4 players near the commander? Are 10 US soldiers supposed to just soil themselves and watch them run towards them?
And last stand...reduced recoil...cod, no.
You should be able to yell banzai as you charge. The end. please.

Upvote 0
I hate to bump this up, but I wanted to say that bonzai bonus is just a bad idea.
So everybody on the japanese team will suddenly only be able to use katanas?
What if there are 4 players near the commander? Are 10 US soldiers supposed to just soil themselves and watch them run towards them?
And last stand...reduced recoil...cod, no.
You should be able to yell banzai as you charge. The end. please.
where did you hear everyone on the japanese team will have swords? it's also funny you're making complaints about stuff you haven't tried nor even seen any "real" video of.
i call bull on that post. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
where did you hear everyone on the japanese team will have swords? it's also funny you're making complaints about stuff you haven't tried nor even seen any "real" video of.
i call bull on that post. :p

Actually, did you see the newest game play video?
Increased stamina, suppresses the enemy = Banzai bonus.
Considering this is a 'real' video, being that it's from the developers, I think I can safely comlpain.

Upvote 0
Actually, did you see the newest game play video?
Increased stamina, suppresses the enemy = Banzai bonus.
Considering this is a 'real' video, being that it's from the developers, I think I can safely comlpain.
i guess i watched it closer than you. who was the first japanese shot, before the banzai charge started?
i'd love to discuss stamina nd suppresion effects, but i'm not allowed. "real" video? it's a trailer. of an alpha, no less. can't say more.
so, where did you hear they all get katanas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0