• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt handles and ejection ports (and other stupidity)

Bolt handles and ejection ports (and other stupidity)

• Yes. I want realism. It makes games more immersive.

Votes: 64 70.3%
  • No. I l1ke shellz spray1ng everywhere! Real1sm sux lolz!

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care. If the game developer is too lazy to do some research... meh.

Votes: 25 27.5%

• Total voters
Byte Me said:
For non bolt-action rifles, it is mostly due to the fact that the cocking handle is usually on the same side as the ejection port (like the AK47) and it would look even more wierd to have the cocking handle and ejection on opposite sides if they aren't IRL (like the FN FAL is, though it the only rifle of I can think of off the top of my head that is like that so it is a pretty rare design). Though weapons designed for right handed people only is a trend that is changing. The previously mentioned P90 ejects cases from the bottom, the G36 has its ejection port on the right but the rounds are deflected down so a left hander can still shoot it without getting a hot casing lodged into their eyeball :p. However, for pistols it confuses me, it doesn't look good at all, and IRL some pistols can still hit you square in the forehead even though the ejection port is on the right side (happened to me several times). As for why bolt action rifles would be depicted this way... I have no idea, that would be a ***** to cycle the bolt (not that your left hand can't do it, but having both hands next to each other will seriously unbalance you with a long and/or heavy rifle, making the task much more difficult).

Not so rare:

G3A3.jpg

Upvote 0