• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt Action Rifles Hit Detection/Ghost Firing

origination

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
First Problem:

I keep having instances when I fire the Rilfe(Any Bolt Action) were the rifle makes the sound effect of firing, however it does not actually fire, it does not need to be bolted after this shot, there is no muzzle flash. Everytime this happens it throws me off because I line up the shot on a rushing enemy, fire and expect him to keel over, however he doesn't and it usually takes me a few seconds to realize what happened and re-fire, by then I am dead. Is this a known bug happening to anyone else?

Second Problem:

The hit detection with the bolt action rifles for me is being very inconsistent at best. I fire shots right on and hit people pefectly for a few minutes, then suddenly nothing hits accept for Team Shots. Literally I will shoot an enemy within 15m spot on 3 times and nothing will happen, then a few seconds later accidentally pop a shot in the direction of a teamate and watch him keel over instantly like it was a perfect shot from 100m+. Very strange anomalies occuring here that make the game less enjoyable.

All in alll though I am glad to see this game has bounced back a lot more than it was a few months ago the last time I played. Actually looks like a lot more action happening in the game now.