• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Bolt Action - Long range Firing

skittlesareyum47

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
I can not do long range for crap. As far as aim compensating for range I can do OK, but leading a target at long range I CAN'T. If I get the kill it's probably just luck.I saw a diagram/series of pictures a while ago that showed a K98 sight, and showed an enemy soldier and showing you how much to lead depending on how much of the sight he took up or something. When I saw it it helped greatly, but it's been a long time since I saw that so I'm at square one. Anyone know what picture/diagram I'm talking about?

I can not do long range for crap. As far as aim compensating for range I can do OK, but leading a target at long range I CAN'T. If I get the kill it's probably just luck.I saw a diagram/series of pictures a while ago that showed a K98 sight, and showed an enemy soldier and showing you how much to lead depending on how much of the sight he took up or something. When I saw it it helped greatly, but it's been a long time since I saw that so I'm at square one. Anyone know what picture/diagram I'm talking about?

You will be surprised how quickly you get good at it. Stick to one weapon and you learn the picture without thinking.

Upvote 0