• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Body Armor for Soviet Engineers (Cosmetic Hero Unlock)

I'm all for it being a cosmetic upgrade for hero engineers- on that note, can someone post a screenshot (or screenshots) of the Russian & German engineer heroes? I've been really curious to see what they look like on the snow/non-snow maps, and I have a sneaking suspicion that their satchel bag/backpack will remain as is, but the clothing will change to the exact same model used for other hero classes.

Upvote 0
Would be best to have it cosmetic on Relaxed servers, so just for looks for hero Engineers and on realistic have allow a % chance to deflect Rounds from Rifles&MG's (At Distance) with you losing all your speed, and getting injured, preventing you from getting killed outright and stop 9mm rounds outright at 150m distances and have a chance at shorter distances

Simple

Upvote 0
The SN42 armour plates wouldn't deflect rifle rounds, and they were only moderately effective at protecting against lead cored 9mm bullets from 75+ meters distance. Furthermore steel cored 9mm ammunition had become numerous within the German army by 1942, esp. for SMG use, and the SN42 was completely ineffective against this.

As such SN armour proved useless for combat purposes, only serving to slow down the wearer, and production was soon halted. For the same reason usage was restricted to engineers, as the armour atleast provided some protection against shrapnel.

As for adding it ingame, I'm all for it, and IMO it should also provide the wearer some extra protection against shrapnel (grenades & arty) whilst also slowing him down. Against small arms fire however it should be useless, cause it was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for adding it ingame, I'm all for it, and IMO it should also provide the wearer some extra protection against shrapnel (grenades & arty) whilst also slowing him down. Against small arms fire however it should be useless, cause it was.

Now for a more tricky question: should it protect him against bayonets and rifle butt blows to the torso? :IS2: Obviously it should IRL, but would this be too powerful gameplay-wise? I wouldn't think so, but given all the complaining people can do...

Perhaps an achievement for stabbing an armor-wearing Engineer in the face would quiet most criticism... :D

Upvote 0
Now for a more tricky question: should it protect him against bayonets and rifle butt blows to the torso? :IS2: Obviously it should IRL, but would this be too powerful gameplay-wise? I wouldn't think so, but given all the complaining people can do...

Perhaps an achievement for stabbing an armor-wearing Engineer in the face would quiet most criticism... :D

To be honest I wouldn't mind if it actually protected against bayonets and rifle butts, cause obviously it did in real life.

The closer the game comes to reality the better for me..

Upvote 0