• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bobby Kotick wins again

I'm posting my opinion in a discussion forum. I'm not telling you what to do with your money. What should it matter how many people disagree with me? Millions of people vote Conservative, millions of people smoke around their children...doesn't mean I'm going to admit they're right - does it?

No, they aren't "refreshing franchises" they are (at least going on ROHOS) vastly improved sequels. And they aren't exactly old franchises are they?

I didn't say Blizzard were a bad developer. I suggested that their position in the industry gives them a lot of power that they're really not doing nothing with.

Well, you and others on here bashing it seem to be suggesting they're somehow "taking advantage" of the millions who bought and will buy SC2. No, we weren't forced into it... we've been waiting for it for 10+ years.

And AGAIN, they've been working on it since 2003 and I'm sure once they saw the success of SC1 it'd been planned since probably '99 or 2000. So there's no difference. The only difference is that TWI's long development time of 4+ years for RO2 isn't as long as SC2's ridiculously long development time of 7. They're not "refreshing franchises", it's just that their development times are obscenely long. This idea of yours that they only started on SC2 when they merged with Activision is just pure BS plain and simple. It's up there with Scientology.

They have a lot of power, and they're doing what they need to do with it... making ridiculously good games because their budget is basically unlimited thanks to WoW (and even if you don't like them *many* do).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Design work etc might have started in 2003, official "development" of the product started in 2007 according to most sources.
Wrong.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18925251/

You're right though Reise, it was mostly just an idea in 2003. Only 6 years of development time, not 7, my bad.

Course maybe the VP of Blizz's game design is just lying. He might even be the antichrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reise and DraKon2k
Upvote 0
They ain't Caritas. But in terms of recruiting etc. especcially Valve is "ahead" of them, I'd agree with that.
Funny thing is both are now doing their own DotA clones now. My brother played that thing for WC3, I was never interested to be honest.

But looking back at CSS and DoDS: I don't think "teaming up with the big guys" has done those former indie games any good. Especially DoDS was a pile of junk and effectively killed what could've become a promising multiplayer franchise. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0
But looking back at CSS and DoDS: I don't think "teaming up with the big guys" has done those former indie games any good. Especially DoDS was a pile of junk and effectively killed what could've become a promising multiplayer franchise. Just my opinion.
Yeah I agree on that. DoD:S I could only enjoy with custom skins, custom sounds on servers with smg restrictions and with awesome custom maps(you gotta give it that one, they had one hell of a professional and dedicated custom content community).

Upvote 0