• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blur/pain effects

gonzman

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Melbourne Australia
I was just thinking, Instead of walking around all willy nilly after you get shot in the stomach, why not use the cool blur/suppression effect to stuff up the players vision for a good long while to simulate extreme pain and/or bleeding.

This would add another good reason to try not to be shot.

I can just imagine getting shot in a not so fatal but still seriously painful way and having the blur effect fade in and out for a while, could also do something like this to a player who's been sprinting the legs off their character.

p.s Before anybody ruins my dream with arguments about the realism of this particular method i'd like you to shoot your self in the lower abdomen and come back with a more refined idea on what should happen to somebody who's been shot painfully but not killed.

gonzman said:
I was just thinking, Instead of walking around all willy nilly after you get shot in the stomach, why not use the cool blur/suppression effect to stuff up the players vision for a good long while to simulate extreme pain and/or bleeding.​

i buy it! :)

btW. i just want to remember about i still don't like standing around and wait for the next bullet, when i've got shot in my leg. I would enjoy to fall down and have to stand up again, maybe geht a blur, too. But don't let a wounded soldier stand in the merciless cross fire :'(

*takes cover and runs away*​

Upvote 0
Whatever the effect is should only take place when you're moving.

I've never been shot before. Yet, I have been "shanked" and I noticed that not moving didn't hurt as much as moving (Nor did it bleed as much). So, if a system like this is taken into consideration, so should all variables.

I like the concept though. Although, the "slow down when hit" effect should be tweaked a bit if pain is implemented. Don't forget, it's currently in place to simulate the disorientation after taking a 8mm Mauser to the shoulder.

{WP}Paas

Upvote 0