• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

blued Mosin bolts

Learnt something new today:

Mewantz. :IS2:

Don't bother. The Nagant revolver is a neat toy for a few days, but the novelty wears off quick, and so will your trigger finger. They've got pretty much the worst trigger you can imagine. It's got like an 18-lb draw and it feels like there's crushed gravel inside the action. I gave mine away. :p

I've never seen a blued Mosin Nagant bolt and I've seen many Mosin Nagants. Not too say it doesn't exsist, it's just too obscure to bother having in my opinion.

Spoiler!

From the first page in the thread. These are both from my rifles.

Upvote 0
Small bump...

With regards to the nagant bolt, it was silver for most of the games development. Recently artists took a pass through adding "wear" to the weapons, and when the artists did that he made the bolt look too "dirty" so that it doesn't look silver any more. It is a small detail and we'll fix it before the game ships.
I thought this was the reason. I was getting quite upset about not having the shiny Mosins, I'm glad to hear that it's going to be fixed though for the retail version. :)

----

I did a comparison for those who hadn't played RO1 as to how it looked in RO1. Admittedly, I was disappointed that it looked so much better/authentic in RO1 than 2. I know they're minor details but it was just that, that made me like RO1 so much in the first place.

RO1

RO2

As for the other details that are missing from the weapon in RO2, I don't know. Maybe the RO1 was some special model that wasn't widely distributed and the RO2 is the more mass-produced version?

P.S: Don't make fun of the resolution and aspect ratio I play :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is the following minor Gun glitches/errors i hope i'm not laughed out of the room and insulted for it! But since Ramm mentioned the Mosin bolt i thought what the hell, actually i have noticed my weapon being 'Very Worn' in one of the descriptions, so for a few of these we could have them a bit blackened/dinged up and if we get newer weapons they get a bit shinier :):

the Mauser C96 is far too black, should have a blued exterior with the bolt being white metal, as well as the internals visable at the rear. The Mauser C96 bolt handle is pulled back to release it when the clip is released when it should snap forward as soon as the clip is removed. The Firing pin screw on the Mauser C96 should be Vertical not at a 45* angle.
the K98 cocking piece doesn't go in far enough, the bolt doesn't stay open on the last round of the K98, the K98 reloads 1 too many shots. Plus the rounds clip through each other when being pushed in singly

the G41 reloads 10 rounds with 1 stripper clip. rounds clip through each other single loading

The SVT-40 will reload 5 rounds when you have fired 4 from a stripper clip. The SVT-40 also has a plum finished Extractor, when it should be white metal. Plum finishes are almost always a result of post-war refurbishment (this is my understanding it may be wrong!)

Walther P38 safety is down in the safe position.

That's all i can think of off my head. Minor things but slightly irritating for gun fetishests (espescially Mauser C96 fans :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Small bump...

I thought this was the reason. I was getting quite upset about not having the shiny Mosins, I'm glad to hear that it's going to be fixed though for the retail version. :)

----

I did a comparison for those who hadn't played RO1 as to how it looked in RO1. Admittedly, I was disappointed that it looked so much better/authentic in RO1 than 2. I know they're minor details but it was just that, that made me like RO1 so much in the first place.

RO1

RO2

As for the other details that are missing from the weapon in RO2, I don't know. Maybe the RO1 was some special model that wasn't widely distributed and the RO2 is the more mass-produced version?

P.S: Don't make fun of the resolution and aspect ratio I play :mad:

You know, I'd almost have to say that aside from the blued bolt issue, there's really no issue between the two images. The RO1 gun looks right for a pre-1936 91/30. Good quality manufacture, good fit and finish, nice wood, etc. The RO2 gun looks like a wartime 91/30 - rougher machining, lots of non-essential features omitted for simplicity of manufacturing, poorer quality bluing, wood looks like crap and may or may not have any sort of finish on it other than oil from handling.

Upvote 0
First off guys, I REALLY don't appreciate the condescending nature of these posts (yes I'm looking at you Uffz.Juschkat and others). If you guys keep attitudes like that up, you'll find yourselves a quick way out of these forums.

I personally own EVERY Mosin Nagant in this game, including the 91/30 sniper. And I've probably put more live rounds through WWII weapons than just about anyone on these forums except perhaps guys that are in the military. As a matter of fact I own a large amount of the weapons in the game including:

91/30
91/30 Sniper
SVT40
M1895 Nagant Revolver
TT33
C96
Kar 98
G41

And I've spent time at the range on almost every weapon in the game, including the fully automatics. So before you decide we're ignorant and you know everything, just keep that in mind. There is a right way and a wrong way to point things out, and many of you have taken the wrong way.

With regards to the nagant bolt, it was silver for most of the games development. Recently artists took a pass through adding "wear" to the weapons, and when the artists did that he made the bolt look too "dirty" so that it doesn't look silver any more. It is a small detail and we'll fix it before the game ships.

Ramm-Jaeger, Thank you for listening as I was about to post about this too. The bolt on the 91/30s appears to be blued and obviously it shouldnt be.

Also the bolts on the SVT/AVT40 werent blued either. Again the only time this would happen is if the rifle was reworked post war.

Also issues Ive noticed with the K98 is that the front "H" band on the rifle, there appears to be wood from the stock directly behind it. There should be metal behind the H band because the H band slipped over the bayonet lug. If a H Band was used, the bayonet lug would be the earlier machined type also as shown in the pic. Ive included a picture of the 2nd type of front band, the "speed milled" type. Both the H and speed milled type front bands would be correct for Stalingrad.

Ive also noticed the rear band on the K98 (the band that the sling attaches to) appears to be the later war stamped type. Stamped rear bands were not present on the rifles that went into Stalingrad. The correct type would be milled as shown in pictures 18 & 26.

So these two combinations are correct for stalingrad:
Milled front & Milled rear (pic 26)
or
Speed milled front & milled rear (pic 18)

Hopefully you and your team can fix these minor issues. Thanks for listening! If you have any questions you can PM me! :)

pics from my K98s:

Last edited:
Upvote 0