• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

blued Mosin bolts

It's a valid complaint. I'm no expert but I've not seen many nuggets with blued bolts, sniper or otherwise.

Yeah we have the MKb.42, but we aren't accepting misdesigned weapons even if they could possibly be misrepresented.

Again, chalk it up to a compromise for demonstration purposes. It's possible they are still finishing up these weapons, especially considering that someone had noticed even the world model's animations weren't done yet (running the bolt itself, etc.).

Upvote 0
Lemon, I don't know what they are thinking... All they need to do is go to any military surplus gun store or a gun show here in the US and thats all they will see are the white bolts... here's a picture of mine granted its stamped 1943, but seriously I'm at a loss as to why they don't listen to people who research and understand this stuff.

Attachments

• IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Thanks pete steele, If I hadent seen your pic I wouldent believe there ever were blue'd bolts on the mosin...:)

(BTW @ ALL in this post, you guys sure someone at TWI dident troll you again? I mean after all the whining about the facial covering cloth of unkown origins from outer space and possibly mars or beyond or from nowhere *breathes in*, you would think they intend to troll around for all the whiners...)

edit: I would say though that this would be something very noticable as its right up in your face ( ala the k98 saftey ). It could very easily have been a texture done by someone who is less gun inclined then others on the team ( honest mistakes do happen yknow..)

edit 2: whorey shat! This is 1 year old and lemon bumped it, this is either mega 1 yr troll or much more likely something that's been overlooked...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First off guys, I REALLY don't appreciate the condescending nature of these posts (yes I'm looking at you Uffz.Juschkat and others). If you guys keep attitudes like that up, you'll find yourselves a quick way out of these forums.

I personally own EVERY Mosin Nagant in this game, including the 91/30 sniper. And I've probably put more live rounds through WWII weapons than just about anyone on these forums except perhaps guys that are in the military. As a matter of fact I own a large amount of the weapons in the game including:

91/30
91/30 Sniper
SVT40
M1895 Nagant Revolver
TT33
C96
Kar 98
G41

And I've spent time at the range on almost every weapon in the game, including the fully automatics. So before you decide we're ignorant and you know everything, just keep that in mind. There is a right way and a wrong way to point things out, and many of you have taken the wrong way.

With regards to the nagant bolt, it was silver for most of the games development. Recently artists took a pass through adding "wear" to the weapons, and when the artists did that he made the bolt look too "dirty" so that it doesn't look silver any more. It is a small detail and we'll fix it before the game ships.

Upvote 0
First off guys, I REALLY don't appreciate the condescending nature of these posts (yes I'm looking at you Uffz.Juschkat and others). If you guys keep attitudes like that up, you'll find yourselves a quick way out of these forums.

While I understand that my last post was a bit condescending, I really don't feel that I have been an *** like other people in pointing things out. I know I have been a bit ungrateful because I don't realize how hard it is to make, skin, script, code... ect these weapons and other stuff in game. I am only trying to help improve the accuracy of the game in certain aspects that I am certainly knowledgeable of, and mean no disrespect by it. Evidently though I am too much of a nagging whiney person to do this correctly and I am not on the TWI payroll... so I will exit these forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0