• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blowing Ammo cache's

SingeDebile

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006
I think this would be a cool feature and I'm surprised to have not seen it mentioned before.. .wouldn't be too hard to do either.

Assuming there will be ammo cache's like in Roost it would be cool if you could sneak behind enemy lines and blow one of their ammo cache's with a satchel

and it would look awesome... every once in a while you would see a huge explosion that might take out the side of a building or blow up some of the maps fortifications (sandbags etc..)

Perhaps blowing the caches could be strategic for defenders? If they were retreating they could destroy their cache to deny the enemy supplies.

And just a quick comment on the usefulness, I always liked to run back and forth between MGs and the ammo to resupply them. :)

My concern would be that they would be too easy to set off, and cause too much damage. It would basically deny access to an area for a short amount of time.

Mythbusters - Bullets exploding on camp fire (Lethal Popcorn!) - YouTube

The main part starts at 2:50.

There would definitely be more bullets than the Mythbusters used in a large stockpile of ammo, so the amount of time it would be exploding would last much longer. Of course, they did prove it wouldn't be too lethal...

Last edited:
Upvote 0