• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blowerthrower MK2 - T5 Medic weapon

Milan

Grizzled Veteran
  • Apr 19, 2021
    Kazan
    BlowerThrower MK2:

2022-11-05-11-26-29-597.jpg

"Mad Scientists have been trying to create sentient life forms based on healing gel - yes, it's THAT complicated, what ended up as a result is a total mess, as usual... Someone just inserted ZED protocols into these new "healing gel abominations", they consist 100% of healing gel instead of poison acid. But you shouldn't underestimate them, because zed protocols inside them were tweaked beyond maximum - they are so agressive that they attack everything! Pretty cute considering they can't hurt you. You guessed it, they are pretty much zeds that heal you, and they have absolutely no clue!"
    Blowerthrower MKII uses biomaterial

Both primary fire and secondary fire modes use single "syringe charge meter", tho weapon still uses ammunition for primary fire.​
    Primary fire - Launches lingering, slow moving healing/poison cloud that is dense enough to deflect off surfaces and has penetration power.​
    • Primary fire uses 25% of "syringe charge meter"​

Secondary fire is lock on healing gel abominations mortar, press secondary mode button to launch a bio bomb that will inflict impact damage and divide into cluster of healing gel abominations:​

2022-11-05-13-31-05-189.jpg

They will seek out nearest players or zeds and explode on them.​
    • Zeds who are attacked by healing gel abominations are confused and will attack nearest bloats.​
    • Mortar attack uses 100% of "syringe charge meter"
    • Weapon has increased default syringe recharge time​

• Combatant doctor skill not only increases mag size but also increases max syringe meter charges​

Last edited:
    For once, more than balancing, it's really how it would look that worries me... I can already imagine a cluster**** of bright teal goo people running amok. At least it has a lengthy cooldown ! The moving cloud might also look comical I have to say.

I do have to say that considering the Sentinel is already shunned because it can enrages zeds, I believe the goo monsters could have the exact same problem. Assuming they apply poison damage, they could also add yet another way of inflicting poison...To the chagrin of precision perks.

Most of all, it all seems like it's more of a tool than a proper weapon. One could say it's not a bad thing, considering the medic is supposed to HEAL and be protected by its teammates rather than kill everything on his own. But I'm a bit afraid nobody would touch this weapon because well... Most others are more versatile, simply put.

Upvote 0
    what ended up as a result is a total mess, as usual...
    I can already imagine a cluster**** of bright teal goo people running amok. At least it has a lengthy cooldown ! The moving cloud might also look comical I have to say.
    :ROFLMAO:
    I do have to say that considering the Sentinel is already shunned because it can enrages zeds, I believe the goo monsters could have the exact same problem. Assuming they apply poison damage, they could also add yet another way of inflicting poison...To the chagrin of precision perks.
    after all medic is more about trash clearing, don't know if you tried combat medic) This weap is more about proper crowd control and group healing... 501 rifle's primary is MEH..
    That mortar attack is more about firing it into a cluster of injured players, because essentialy goop abominations behave like homing healing bombs, imagine that one of them will chase you down! To buff you...
    Even if mortar hits big zeds, they may become agressive towards nearest bloats..

Overall this weapon is for high amount of burst aoe healing, even when you dont have line of sight with injured - travelling cloud helps, and goop abominations seek any target.
    It's mine reconstructor and 501 rifle combined, and one step further.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    :ROFLMAO:

after all medic is more about trash clearing, don't know if you tried combat medic) This weap is more about proper crowd control and group healing... 501 rifle's primary is MEH..
    That mortar attack is more about firing it into a cluster of injured players, because essentialy goop abominations behave like homing healing bombs, imagine that one of them will chase you down! To buff you...
    Even if mortar hits big zeds, they may become agressive towards nearest bloats..

Overall this weapon is for high amount of burst aoe healing, even when you dont have line of sight with injured - travelling cloud helps, and goop abominations seek any target.
    It's mine reconstructor and 501 rifle combined, and one step further.
    I get all that, but I'm still wary about the charge system... It's good that you cannot spam this weapon as much as you want, but it also seems like a poor primary weapon. It's definitely one you'd keep on the side up until your team gets badly crippled. Because even if you are protected very well, you might wish to have something better at dealing with the few zeds that squeeze through.

It's not a bad thing in itself of course. Not every weapon have to be super reliable and good at everything. But so late into the game's lifecycle (and with the medic already fully-stocked), I'm a bit afraid it would just end up rotting in the trader pod in favor of something more polyvalent. But then again, I wouldn't mind rocking the HMtech-401 and your Blowerthrower at once ! Just... it's definitely not worth being T5. T3 at the very best.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Milan
    Upvote 0