• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bleeding while shooting Dhsk + other ideas

Hi All,

I recently had a bug that I was controlling Dhsk and got shot that it caused bleeding. Except that while controlling it I did not need to apply the bandage but as soon as I exited it I had to apply it.

Apart from that I have a request to extend .uc files to allow 5th passenger to be added to helicopter:
ROHUDWidgetHelicopterInfo.uc with ROVH_Seat8 in enum:
enum EROHelicopterTextures
{
ROVH_Vehicle,
ROVH_Engine,
ROVH_MainRotor,
ROVH_TailRotor,
ROVH_LeftSkid,
ROVH_RightSkid,
ROVH_TailBoom,
ROVH_Seat0,
ROVH_Seat1,
ROVH_Seat2,
ROVH_Seat3,
ROVH_Seat4,
ROVH_Seat5,
ROVH_Seat6,
ROVH_Seat7,
ROVH_Seat8,
ROVH_PlayerView,
ROVH_HitAngleIndicator,
ROVH_AmmoTexture,
ROVH_AmmoTypeLabel_1,
ROVH_AmmoTypeLabel_2,
ROVH_AmmoCountLabel_1,
ROVH_AmmoCountLabel_2,
ROVH_SafeExitTexture,
};
That would require extend some other methods inside that file (ResetSeatVisibility for example).
Then it would be good to rename methods which are there:
Initialize, UpdateWidget, UpdateDamageIndicators, UpdateDamageTextureRotations, ResetSeatVisibility and append them with +H (for ex UpdateWidgetH) that they won't collide with main ROHUDWidgetVehicleInfo.uc (I assume if the functions have the same name and are being extended from ROHUDWidget then they may be in conflict at instantiating and if someone wants to add custom vehicle with custom HUDBodyTexture, then the hud will not work properly - see 2nd screenshot, vehicle hud has overlayed huey parts on it). It may also be that instead of renaming, a if/else clause must be put in to better filter if MyVehicle is ROVehicleHelicopter or for example ROVehicleTreaded.
Then ROVehicleHelicopter.uc will also need to include Seat8 plus when I added 5th passenger - its dot seems to be 3x bigger than the others (see 1st screenshot). The 5th passenger icon also appears on 2nd screenshot where I am in a standard vehicle (same big dot).

Attachments

• seat8.PNG
    seat8.PNG
    201.3 KB · Views: 1
  • seat8_apc.PNG
    seat8_apc.PNG
    232.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: