• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bleeding Out and weapon sway

Direct

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Toronto, Canadaland
After watching a couple of videos on the bleed out effect im curious if they added additional weapon sway to it?

If youre losing blood and starting to black out theres no way youre able to hold the gun as steady as you would normally.

Would you consider adding lots of sway when aiming or greater recoil while firing to make it more realistic or slightly balance this "perk" as everyone calls it.

After watching a couple of videos on the bleed out effect im curious if they added additional weapon sway to it?

If youre losing blood and starting to black out theres no way youre able to hold the gun as steady as you would normally.

Would you consider adding lots of sway when aiming or greater recoil while firing to make it more realistic or slightly balance this "perk" as everyone calls it.
Ramm has said in a couple different interviews/videos that when you are bleeding out (aka "slow death") you have greatly diminished control of your weapon.

So the answer is yes.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
As long as you're still able to mow people down that are in a slow-death mode i am happy. What i don't want to see is you shoot someone he starts to die slowly , you shoot him again yet he dosnt die until the slow-death thingy has run out.

If i see somone in the slowdeath mode i hope you're able to still just shoot a couple of rounds and his dead no matter if i hit the heart or the head or anywhere else like the stomach.

Upvote 0
Honestly the Recoil wouldn't get too much worse. When you're blacking out and dieng you are gonna be holding your gun closer to you're body because to hold it out would waste more energy. When your gun is against your figure, and you weigh 170# w/ Gear you aren't gonna have too much recoil. However SWAY yes...but in a realistic fashion, and not over exagerated. I think your movements should be a lot slower and your screen should fade and get blurred heavily.... A BEATING/RED effect would be intense.

Upvote 0
Honestly the Recoil wouldn't get too much worse. When you're blacking out and dieng you are gonna be holding your gun closer to you're body because to hold it out would waste more energy. When your gun is against your figure, and you weigh 170# w/ Gear you aren't gonna have too much recoil. However SWAY yes...but in a realistic fashion, and not over exagerated. I think your movements should be a lot slower and your screen should fade and get blurred heavily.... A BEATING/RED effect would be intense.

Yes but you would also have a lot less energy to control the recoil. So perhaps recoil should not increase, but mouse sensitivity should decrease.

Also, no red effects. Unless your eye capillaries are ruptured, you should not be seeing red. The current visual effect is actually quite realistic, though a bit too explicit. From my experience, you don't quite realize the effects shock until you're almost completely debilitated. So maybe the blackening effect should sort of creep in from the sides of the screen.

Reactions: 213
Upvote 0
Yes but you would also have a lot less energy to control the recoil. So perhaps recoil should not increase, but mouse sensitivity should decrease.

Also, no red effects. Unless your eye capillaries are ruptured, you should not be seeing red. The current visual effect is actually quite realistic, though a bit too explicit. From my experience, you don't quite realize the effects shock until you're almost completely debilitated. So maybe the blackening effect should sort of creep in from the sides of the screen.

This. :IS2:

Upvote 0
From a gameplay standpoint i am ok with this idea as mentioned before tho i hope you can still shoot people to instant death, even if slow death has been initiated.

From a realistic standpoint , getting shot in real life only takes one bullet and you're incapacitated with i'd say 90% likely hood of not fighting back, sure you get shoot in the foot and something critical is going on you might be able to fight back.. but truth to be told it only takes one bullet to bring a soldier out mobility wize and also the fight most likely.

You can limp, you can drag , you can crawl or get help but fact remains one bullet is enough..

Upvote 0
You should read some articles about WW2 soldiers who received medals... One bullet is very often not enough to put determined man out of action.

It's not about being determined its about getting hit , one bullet is more than often enough. There will always be rare cases when the adrenaline is pumping and you might not have been hit in a very critical area etc and all the pieces just falls in place and you keep on fighting at least for a little while.

However then you have to ask yourself, do you model the miracles and wonders or do you stick to the regular stuff in a game. I don't really see much of a positive response coming out of this whole "blackout last-stand" thing.. to me its a gimmick to give people a chance of redemption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not saying it not realistic, but it reminds me of laststand and I hated it. I hope it's very very difficult for peeps to return fire.
Well keep in mind that it will only happen if you are shot in the stomach, as far as we know. So it's not like slow bleed-outs will happen all the time.

One thing that really bugs me in the RO2 vids I've seen is that it takes like 2 seconds to bandage yourself. This doesn't make sense. Either make it take a realistic(ish) amount of to bandage or don't put the feature into the game at all. Bandaging should definitely take you out of the fight for at least 5 seconds or so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah that's good then, but does bandage heal life 100%? To me bandage crap was only useful if you wanted kill streaks. I would agree it should be longer than 2 secs. 5 is better. It would be cool if they had some sort of blur motion from shock. I don't like red heart beat fade stuff. Blurred motion, perhaps slow motion, light fade, and reduce/distorted sounds. lol That would be interesting. Anyway, it's realistic, I agree, it's not like TV where being shot is insta death, so this could add some real tention to the game. Is he dead? Should I storm the entrance? It does make interesting play.

Well keep in mind that it will only happen if you are shot in the stomach, as far as we know. So it's not like slow bleed-outs will happen all the time.

One thing that really bugs me in the RO2 vids I've seen is that it takes like 2 seconds to bandage yourself. This doesn't make sense. Either make it take a realistic(ish) amount of to bandage or don't put the feature into the game at all. Bandaging should definitely take you out of the fight for at least 5 seconds or so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0