• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bleeding and Bandaging

No, it does not. The bandages issued to front line soldiers are to stop major bleeding - not little paper cuts - so that the wounded soldier has a chance to receive more advanced medical attention. RO's kill system simulates major bleeding as kills because of that very reason.

Trust me, some of us actually have real-world experience with this.

I know, of course is bleeding and bandaging nor realistic. But RO is also not realistic because in real live after being hit in the lag all you would do is spasming in pain. Also the principle caring for your teammates is important in real live, but I'm missing it in RO.

This feature would be making RO being closer to the reality.

Upvote 0
I know, of course is bleeding and bandaging nor realistic. But RO is also not realistic because in real live after being hit in the lag all you would do is spasming in pain. Also the principle caring for your teammates is important in real live, but I'm missing it in RO.

This feature would be making RO being closer to the reality.

First you say bleeding and bandaging isn't realistic, and then you say adding this would bring RO closer to reality? Huh?

Again, I say, if a soldier needs to be bandaged by a buddy, he is obviously no longer in any condition to fight. In my opinion, then, RO simulates this just fine. Adding in bandaging would add nothing to the gameplay that isn't already there, albeit in a abstract way. Granted, the current damage system for being hit in the leg is a compromise, but it beats having no short-term effects on your avatar's ability to move. Hopefully someday the devs will implement a more detailed wound system, but what we have now works pretty darn well.

Upvote 0
First you say bleeding and bandaging isn't realistic, and then you say adding this would bring RO closer to reality? Huh?
You have to look at the big picture. RO tries to simmulate a big battle with 32 players. From a reality point this is insane, but it works in the game (to an extent)
The same thing is for example with the in-game map. No average soldier had a map and there were no maps with blinking objectives. But in game this has to be done because players would be run like headless chicken and this would be far more unrealistic.

Having a bangaging-feature would simulate comradeship, which RO lacks now.

Hopefully someday the devs will implement a more detailed wound system, but what we have now works pretty darn well.
What detailed wound system? Limping? Forgett it. People will comitt suice.

Upvote 0
The answer to this is simple:

1) The soldier is non-combatative (need respawn):
* The soldier has received a severe wound rendering his body in a prolonged state of shock.
* This means loosing a limb, the head or a bullet penetration of organs and large bloodvains.
* The soldier has been killed or knocked unconscious for a long time.

2) The soldier is combatative (no need to respawn):
* The soldier has taken a light fleshwound/scratch that puts him in a momentary state of shock/pain.
* He might bleed insigificantly (even bleeding 1dl leaves a remarkable blood trace!)
*The following pain/shock, may temporary reduce his mental and physcial performance.
* The soldier may be influenced by excessive adrenaline caused by heavy suppression resulting in a "tunnel vision" which temporary impairs his abillity to fight effectively. This again might lead to a state of panic (The soldier can not think cleary and acts irrationally)

In the later case, the soldier can continue to fight, with a slight momentary disadvantage, thus there is no need to respawn.
There is no need for a medic or imidiate bandaging.
The only reason for a medic would be a morale boost, reducing the excessive effects of adrenaline.

Upvote 0
bleeding or not, but more damage to the player is needed, so they take a bit more care about there actions. At the moment its like when i know someone is using a mp, hand gun, or even mg, that it doesnt realy give me the feeling, they are dangerous. If i get hit, i do most of the time dont die anyway, nor has it any negative effect, except the mg hit you in the leg, but even then, its just "red" and you carry on after a few seconds. I had many situations, where my whole ingame budy seemed to have took several shoots, but all from mps, maybe it wasnt direct hits, but even when you see your chest, arms, legs etc. all red, shoudnt it have at least ANY effect? At least a heavy one in the moment you receive a hit, specialy when its a direct hit?

The only time, i realy "fear" a player, are when they use a rifle, and its on medium distance. The reason is simple, cause in 70% of the time, they are hell deadly. coud not say the same about MPs, MGs, and not even to mention pistols, very much even in a bit closer combat. Just get in cover, and use my good bolt/semi rifle, and pop them away on medium distance, thx to the feature, that your aiming is perfect when you get hit! Or when you stand up and get in iron sight.

who knows, maybe this will get changed, or not, but i hardly doubt it will, cause the game is somewhat "finished" and such drastic changes woud need there time and developing. So far, even the tanks arent realy fixed :p

Upvote 0