• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blackberry Storm

Maschine Pistole-38

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
Oregon
Just got this thing today, pretty friggin excited to have it. Just wondering if anyone else here has one and whats your thoughts? Or thoughts on Blackberry smartphones in general.

004mm9.jpg

(Note: Yes that is my phone and yes that is my hand and my jeans.) :p

Taking pictures of OTHER Blackberries. Thats what :D

I thought about buying a blackberry but instead settled for 2nd hand SonyEricsson P1i that i bought for a little over 100 Euros on ebay. Don't wanna miss it. It's my mp3 player and mobile internet device. In fact i am writing this post right now on it. I even play monkey island on it on my way to work.

Upvote 0
I'm an all Sony-Ericsson-nut.

Until recently I used a K800i, which is replaced by a C905.
But it bothers me that the C905 isn't really the improvement over the K800i as I hoped it was.

It still uses Sony-Ericsson's proprietary FastPort connector instead of the more common USB and 3,5 mm jack alternatives.
And even though it's not a disaster, it still runs on SE's proprietary operating system which only supports J2ME.
If they could in someway combine Symbian with the user interface they use atm and use USB and 3,5 mm it would have been a so much better phone...

Still like it more than an oversized iPhone though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you had a play with one? Cos I was like you man, complete anti I-phone until my mate let me have a go on his. Its is fookin amazing!

Complete convert right here!!

I did fiddle around with it, my friend owns one.

Pro:
+ good touchscreen and interface, I'm all for abandoning mechanical keyboards (on smartphones) forever

Contra:
- no memory expansion (big, big minus imo)
- sub-par camera
- horribly overpriced if you just compare bare features
- it's apple and it has all the proprietary apple **** i don't like

Oh yeah and the one I had didn't even have UMTS. 2008 smart phone and no UMTS? You got to be kidding me. I know it has now, but still. So, while it gave some good impulses to the industry, I still think it's a heavily overpriced, mediocre smartphone. Only for the apple generation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0