Bioshock

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Well system shock 2 had a fairly good ammount of replay value and as this is fairly similair i expect the same. I hope for expansion packs that enable coop though.

Jokerman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2006
Looks good but I fear there may not be much replay value. And how many different types of enemies are there? We've only seen a couple but they've been showing us the same levels over and over so maybe there's alot more.

The relations based A-life will add points to the replayabilty value, I think. :rolleyes:

Ive seen only 4 or 5 "enemies" (some are not necessarily hostile) so far but if its of any comfort, youll get 4 types of big daddies, for example.

PNV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula
The relations based A-life will add points to the replayabilty value, I think. :rolleyes:

Ah, well that's good to hear. I'm not criticizing the game, I've been looking forward to it, I just hope that I'll want to play it through multiple times.

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
PC demo coming "later this month."

Release is just a little over a week away!

The 360 demo is amazing. Such a great atmosphere, amazing graphics, and the gameplay was very smooth and engrossing. Can't wait for next week.

Last edited:

gyroCX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 8, 2006
CA, USA, North America, Earth
The demo wasn't bad. I like the ambient noises and the world it is set in. Makes me want to watch Metropolis now. :)

For 60 bucks no. Maybe around $30-$40 i would get it.

It probably would have made a better impact on me if I haven't already played Condemned or Prey.

Would have been nice to use all those powers and stuff in a multiplayer match.

2ltben

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Does anyone know if this will support SM2.0 cards? I meet min requirements, but if it requires SM3.0 none of that matters.

PNV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula

Thanks that was really cool :)

But alas I had completed downloading the demo and it was an AMAZING experience. The atmosphere is awesome and the graphics are A+. The entrance to Rapture was like something out of a movie. Gameplay was like the usual FPS mechanics but it doesn't really matter since there's not much you can do about that. Plasmids are an interesting addition.

Can't wait to get the full game and see what happens next

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
www.ragequit.com
I'd get the demo, but the fact is that my computer will literally **** itself and die if I tried to run that on it. To get it to go at all will involve turning my graphics down so far that I won't be able to distinguish one blurry, pixelated blob from another and what's the point? When I've upgraded a few months down the track, then I'll give it a shot.

Britney Federline

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
For some reason, the release got pushed up to today, at least at Toys R Us, who is selling it for $29.99.

There was some snafu with the release date so they decided to release it by surprise? Nobody expects the Spanish inquisibioshocktion.