• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Biological looking weapon skins

You just activated my nerdgasm my friend ! I'm absolutely obsessed with Cronenberg's early cinematography. And biological weaponry is always something I love : either from the Zergs and Tyranids (from Starcraft & Warhammer respectively), from Half-Life, and so on...

Sadly, coming from Tripwire, I suppose it would end up as skins rather than new weapons...And it doesn't help that no zeds actually uses bioweapons either (the husk uses a real cannon, the scrake uses a real chainsaw etc.)

But I would love to have something akin to the gore shiv. I'm sure Horzine wouldn't be against weaponizing flesh... It's pretty much what the whole ZED project is anyway

Upvote 0
The Pat kind of uses but it's grafted on his arm and stomach. I'm a huge Cronenberg fan too. I remember seeing Videodrome in the theater and we were freaking out when he pulled the gun from his stomach. Also, Scanners? Wow! I do like the Zergs and Tyranids too, and Half-Life (though am still angry Valve never finished the game).

Now that I think of it, maybe in KF3 Gorefasts could have their blades extend when they first appear. That little bit of animation would be cool.

Upvote 0