• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

binding key combos to actions?:confused:

Dr_Mozg

Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2012
Hi!
Is there a way to bind key combinations to any action in the game?
I would like to use Alt+LeftMouse as AltFire command.
Is there a way to do so? Maybe modifying user.ini?
The problem is that i got used to this combo while playing KF on MacBook under MacOS, but now I use bootcamp win7 and i can't use altfire without an external mouse... And I like playing KF lying on a couch=)))

As far as I know that's true, KF doesn't understand modifiers per se, you can however try a workaround. Now I never used that myself, so I can't guarantee my post's validity, if I'm wrong just correct me.

Basically aliases provide an easier way of executing multiple commands, you could set up an alias (and bind it to ALT) that changed the bindings of other keys, so you bind on keydown change W to move backwards, on keyup change W back to move forwards. In theory that should work although I never actually tried that because my commands were getting too long.

Upvote 0
This should be possible without using aliases; try this bind:
Code:
Alt=Set Input LeftMouse AltFire | OnRelease Set Input LeftMouse Fire

Yes, it should but I read on several different forums/websites that you should use aliases, that's why I mentioned it. (Although I have no idea why you should do just that.)

To use a modifier for one single key doesn't seem that useful to me and I tried making it change something like 6-8 keys which didn't work for me. As I don't know much about the unreal engine or its settings I don't know what the problem was. I assume there's some kind of character limit per key bind, but that's just speculation.

Upvote 0
Yes, it should but I read on several different forums/websites that you should use aliases
Should aliases be used only for modifiers or instead of piped binds in general? I'm curious about the specific reason.

I tried making it change something like 6-8 keys which didn't work for me.
I don't know much about the engine either, but AutoHotkey seems like an easy solution if you want to use a lot of modifiers for a lot of keys.

Upvote 0
Multiple bind sets. Swapping key binds.

Multiple bind sets. Swapping key binds.

I have found an alternative somewhere on UT forums that is good for keeping things tidy with multiple sets of binds.

Note: a1eat0r pointed out that this disable perk progression. :(

Create two text files in your system folder, name them appropriately e.g. bindon.txt bindoff.txt.

The bind_on.txt will contain set commands for the actions you want the keys to perform when your chosen modifier key is depressed.
Separate each command with a new line.

Code:
Set Input Insert Speech INSULT 0
Set Input Z speech SUPPORT 3
The bind_off.txt will contain set commands for when the opposite is true; when you release your chosen key, it will revert the chosen key commands.

Code:
Set Input Insert Speech INSULT 1
Set Input Z speech SUPPORT 2
Finally in user.ini execute each file under your chosen key.
Code:
Ctrl=exec bind_on.txt | onrelease exec bind_off.txt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think XP has been removed from Logitech Driver updates, i think your best option is to find older drivers online. I think i have an old CD with G110 XP drivers. Will look when i get back from work. Maybe i can upload them somewhere and send them your way. Otherwise you gonna have to upgrade to windows 7 dude.

Last edited:
Upvote 0