• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Binding bandage to a separate key

Bobdog

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
Quite a lot of people have been saying that they want to put bandage on a separate key. Here's how:

Open you ROInput.ini, which is located at

YourFolder\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROInput.ini

Under the [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section, find this line:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="Apply_Bandage",Command="Bandage",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

And paste this below it:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="X",Command="Apply_Bandage",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Where X is the key you want to use.

Save and close the file.

Last edited:
oh yeah! thanks Bobdog!

i'm at work and can't check it now, but is there also a way to split them in the settings screen? ie will splitting them in the settings at the ini level alter the config splash screen? will altering any OTHER settings at the config splash screen level make the modded ini revert back for bandage/use/cover?

either way, this is a good start, now we just need Tripwire to make sure they split it up in a future patch.

Upvote 0
My ROInput.ini file doesn't have the line
Code:
Bindings=(Name="Apply_Bandage",Command="Bandage",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
in it anywhere.

Under "[ROGame.ROPlayerInput]" I only have this...

Code:
[ROGame.ROPlayerInput]
KeyboardDefaults=0
ZoomedSensitivityScalar=0.35

Upvote 0
I don't know about any of the other functions to separate keys; I only know about the bandage key because I've been messing around with the ini files since the beginning of the beta. Splitting the other functions may or may not be possible, but you'd have to ask a coder about that. I can certainly play around with the ini to see if I can find anything though.

Zap Rowsdower, you're using the default controls aren't you? If you change ANY key from the ingame menu, and then quit RO, it will generate that section of the ini for you. Then you can rebind bandage and change that first key back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
here another thread that could be interesting for you guys with regards to bindings:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58226&highlight=bind

to get zoom seperate from sprint. Tick the option in the game setting (next to the fov that says something about sprint zoom).

Wouldn't happen to know how to make ironsights&hold-breath work ArmA-like; click right mouse brings up ironsights, holding it down holds breath&zooms.

And now that I'm bothering people with questions, how do you bind leans to be toggled?

Considering how much stuff you can do with the bindings ini in Unreal3 both are probably possible - if only you knew how to make it. :p

Reactions: gvdgvdgvd
Upvote 0
I hate these multi-function keys :/

Agreed. While in theory it might seem like a good idea .. there are too many situations where a separate key is better. Like yesterday, I tried to pick up a weapon that was on top of a piece of cover. The key to get behind cover is the same as picking up that weapon. I couldn't pick it up, because all it would do is put me behind cover.

Upvote 0
Agreed. While in theory it might seem like a good idea .. there are too many situations where a separate key is better. Like yesterday, I tried to pick up a weapon that was on top of a piece of cover. The key to get behind cover is the same as picking up that weapon. I couldn't pick it up, because all it would do is put me behind cover.

This and using stationary MGs are actually the only times when I find the multifunction keys to be a problem. Otherwise they work perfectly. There's not use in focusing your aim while sprinting since you can't aim while sprinting. If you're bandaging you can't move, and want to be behind cover anyway, so the fact that it does both when you press it while bleeding is no problem whatever.

The only problem is when you're trying to pick up an item or use an MG and it keeps making you latch on to the wall instead, and it's a really annoying one.

Upvote 0