• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BigDownload Interview

John Gibson: "Regarding plans for a Killing Floor sequel, well I would say something but there is a Fleshpound with a glowing red chest and spinning arm blades behind me threatening to grind me up if I say anything. "

Don't let the big fp keep secrets from us! Please go sharpshooter and xbow him in the forebrain please!

Upvote 0
I'd probably do something similar to the MOH beta. If you own both RO and KF, and have pre purchased HOS then you get beta access. And since information can be gotten about how many hours someone has played both RO and KF limits about that can be made as a requirement as well.

But then you will only get the hardcore RO fan base, which is not really representative of the possible group of future players. We already learned to live with many of flaws and issues of RO, and are much less likely to spot it than someone who is fresh. So actually grabbing KF players without RO experience could be a good poll as well.

Its nice to get input from some of the COD/CS crowd, as they are not used to RO's Territory game type but instead to search and destroy, it would be nice to know how they react to countdown. Some new non hardcore players could be nice as well to see how hard the learning curve is actually.

It just depends on whether the idea of the beta is to test the server performance, find additional bugs, and stuff like that. Or that actual balance and player responses are being polled as well. Next to that you need a nice variety of hardware configurations to ensure the game got no weird issues. Things like all firewalls and virus scanners would need to be covered by the user base. And at least some BT home hub users to see if there are no weird time-out disconnect issues.

Personally I hope that TWI, tries to get game administrators from the multiple competitive leagues and ladders out there (from any first person shooter). And some top end clans from both the RO world as the CS/COD world to work out kinks on the competitive game play side and possible exploits. This because for me my heart lies with competitive gaming, and that clans can bring in additional servers and publicity.

Finally some modding communities like afterhourz, and some server admins to try the server/modding tools are pretty important as well in my opinion.

But TWI are the only ones that really know what kind of info they want to get out of the beta, so anything could happen on that front. As the target audience probably defines the method used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0