• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big wish: Add Epic Achievements!

Bumbleboy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 16, 2022
As KF2 is a multiplayer hordemode arena shooter it would be great to have achievements added to the epic client like on the other platforms.

This also would make the search for collectibles in the maps rewarding. At the moment there are no rewards for collecting them. Achievements are great milestones in a grindy shooter game too and would implement a second progression system beside perk levels (and prestige).

All in all I think, this kind of game isn't complete without achievments.

I would unterstand if the developers hesitate cause the Epic achievement system hasn't been finished already. On the Epic Client roadmap are two achievement related entries (hidden achievments and achievement rarity). But after the full implementation there is no more reason to keep achievements back from epic players while not doing so with Steam-, XBox- und PS4-Players.

There is one company statement in the forums which says, Epic achievements are not on the list of the developers. But why? Please be more transparent regarding this topic. Is the developing effort so tremendous or do you think just a minorty of players are asking for them? So why don't ask the players for their opinion on this?

I would play this game more often, if there were achievements in the Epic version. Without them I just come back when new content is available, play the event challanges and leave again till the next content is released.

I suppose there are many players out there like me, who like achievements very much and would play this game more if they were added.

I am curious about the forum opinions about this. Hopefully someone from the tripwire team may react to this threat as well and will reveal the reasons behind their decision (and maybe future plans about this topic).

See you on the killing floor (occasionly)

Bumbleboy ;-)

PS: By the way: The new map The Rig is so atmospheric. Very well done!

In April I also asked the devs to add Achievements to the KF2 Epic Games Store version but one of the staff members unfortunately said that: "Currently there are no plans to add EGS achievements for the title."

Hopefully the devs reconsider that position.
btw KF2 is gonna be free to claim again next week on Epic Games Store so it could be a great opportunity to add achievements but I doubt that will happen.

Upvote 0