• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big Resolution Error

lu31605

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 20, 2006
In a tank
RO crashes when minimized or windowed

To Start off, I know there is another topic about this..
Now let me explain..

Ever since i got my new computer and installed Ro in it, Whenever i minimize the game and then bring it back up i get the error-----

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1869 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (9131)
General protection fault!
History: UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::EndFullscreen <- UWindowsViewport::ToggleFullscreen <- WM_SYSCOMMAND <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 65686372 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Now,I have tryed deleting the User.ini and Redorchestra.ini but no sucess.. Someone help ?

Last edited:
Windowed or minimized results in crash

Windowed or minimized results in crash

OK, I have been getting a few RO crashes lately, and I think I have isolated it. It all seems to be stemming from either having RO in a window, or somehow when I minimize RO (hit start menu key to maybe change a channel in Teamspeak or Ventrilo) and then bring it back up, RO crashes. It will crash if all I do is minimize it then bring it back up. Seems to have started happening in the past week or two.

I have gathered from browsing other threads recently, that this seems to be a growing problem. It previously NEVER happened to me before....

It is minor if I never have to exit the window, but if I need to minimize RO for something, or hit the dreaded ALT-TAB key combo, I am doomed...:(

Any new RO or Steam updates happen lately that I am unaware of :confused:

(Oh, and I have an ATI x800 with the latest drivers....)

Upvote 0
Well, I know I had updated my video and sound drivers around the second week in December. I also think there was a Steam update around then, but not sure. I can't think of any updates that I may have done to possibly cause this.

Validating the files didn't help, nor did using an old good redorchestra.ini file (just in case....)

Also, I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. Should be something like RO crashes when minimized or windowed....

Upvote 0
Im getting this too just installed the game on my new gaming rigg and everytime i try to run it it starts in windowed mode and crashes :mad:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2403 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (9689)

General protection fault!

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::ToggleFullscreen <- WM_SYSCOMMAND <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 65686372 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
I figured it out (for me), it was the latest XFire Update!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I usually have X-fire running when I go into game to see who is on where/what game/etc. At the moment, I have been able to duplicate this error/crash when XFire is running; it happens every time, but it doesn't happen at all (or so far) when I am not running XFire. Previously, I did not have this problem with XFire and RO.

I was trying to think of all the drivers or programs that updated in the past two weeks, and I forgot that XFire was one of them. The timing is just about right...

Upvote 0