• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BF2142 beta promotion for FP subsribers

Hyperion2010 said:
Let us know how buggy it is ;)
Heh, agreed. I couldn't care less about this beta. I've installed and uninstalled BF2 on two seperate occassions now. The second time being after a couple of more patches were released. It seems like it got MORE buggy since I quit playing the first time.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what a BETA from these companies would be like.

Upvote 0
Features:

bullet.gif
64-Players Online*
Experience all-out war with Battlefield’s legendary multiplayer for up to 64 players.

Arrgh, I hate it when things put an asterisk after them but I can't find the fine print that corresponds to that asterisk anywhere on a page! It should be on the bottom. >.<

Upvote 0
At least EA TRIES to fix the damn bugs in less than 6 months, even if they don't do too well.

Regardless of the ****tiness of the EA patches occasionally -- 1.3 fixed a number of big issues, but unfortunately it also made servers crash repeatedly and unavoidably, and introduced a number of CTD instances -- BF2 is still my game and 2142 looks to be a lot more entertaining with Titan, the class customizability and of course, the walkers/gunships.

Upvote 0
At least EA TRIES to fix the damn bugs in less than 6 months, even if they don't do too well.

That's why they've been concentrating on making expansions/"boosters" that they sell, and added new content in the last patch (air-dropping vehicles) while so many bugs remain? :rolleyes:

I have zero faith in EA's strategy for taking care of their customers after my BF2 experience.

Upvote 0
I didn't say they fix them. They just try. And usually they end up breaking the game even more when they do.

I will say this though, they were responsive to the complaints about bunny-hopping and shooting, and dolphin diving. As well as the grenade launchers being used point blank.

They're good for balancing their game out. Not so good for fixing bugs.

Upvote 0
I didn't say they fix them. They just try. And usually they end up breaking the game even more when they do.

I will say this though, they were responsive to the complaints about bunny-hopping and shooting, and dolphin diving. As well as the grenade launchers being used point blank.

They're good for balancing their game out. Not so good for fixing bugs.

What!? Their point-blank GL "fix" was to simply add a minimum time before detonating. You could still point-blank shoot with them when I uninstalled, it just took the grenade a half second to go off. (Bouncing them around corners was kinda fun, though.)

Bunny-hopping still existed last I knew, too. Only thing they fixed was that you couldn't shoot while you were in the air.

Dolphin diving was somewhat fixed, but still possible (hit prone twice midair, you'd dive.)

At least they finally fixed the sprint exploit about 3 patches after people started *****ing about it.

They did a fine job of screwing up the balance, too, with the "claymores, C4 and AT mines are now invincible" thing. I loved tossing a grenade next to a Claymore and having it laugh at me.

Don't forget the AAMs that would turn 90 degrees before even leaving the hardpoint to slam into the enemy jet that's making a head-on pass as it comes abreast of you.

Upvote 0
Sorry but it sounds as though you haven't got much time logged in BF2. I don't have as much as some but with over 500 hours played I'm pretty sure I've got a better idea of the balance in BF2 than you do. The jets needed something that could fight them, and so the AA missiles got improved. The first time the AA got a buff, it was too big, so they toned it down and now it's a decent defense against airplanes.

You can still bunny hop, but you can't do ANYTHING while jumping. It's only useful to escape around corners, but you can easily be shot while jumping. Dolphin diving doesn't work. People have found ways to exploit c4-chucking, though I don't know how.

While you may be able to destroy claymores, AT mines, and C4 with concussion grenades, it was simply ridculous as there was no point in laying any of them, someone would toss a grenade, get the hell out of the way and be home free. That needed a change.

Upvote 0