• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Bezerker Stun?

Bill Nye The Science Spy

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
America
How do you do the scrake stun with katana or axe? Ive heard for Katana you have to alt fire to the head but it never works for me and i always see other bezerkers doing scrake stun with Katana. Also what is the axe good for? Ive seen on youtube people using the axe against FPs hitting them with it then backing up so it doesnt hit you and then repeat. I was also wondering exactly how to do this and if it can also do other things.

btw im only lvl 2 bezerker :eek:
but lvl 6 Support , Medic and Sharpshooter
lvl 4 demo,Commando and Firebug. :)

Last edited:
How do you do the scrake stun with katana or axe? Ive heard for Katana you have to alt fire to the head but it never works for me and i always see other bezerkers doing scrake stun with Katana. Also what is the axe good for? Ive seen on youtube people using the axe against FPs hitting them with it then backing up so it doesnt hit you and then repeat. I was also wondering exactly how to do this and if it can also do other things.

The katana can only 'stun lock' the scrake on hard and below. It is more of a flinch than a stun. But you use the primary fire to his head and he won't attack you. You may need to be a higher level for it to work. I don't know because I was a level 5 berserker at the time of the last update.

The axe is the only weapon the berserker can use to fully stun a scrake from the front by using an alt fire to the head. Both the katana and axe can easily stun a scrake from the back as a berserker.

The axe is also faster at taking out fleshpounds than the katana since it does more damage per hit. But it is not necessary for that. The technique takes practice and I would suggest turning around after running so you don't accidentally run into anything. Make sure your mouse sensitivity is sufficiently high.

I remember when I first started to do this technique, I was a level 4 or 5 berserker on hard mode. I would often die from the fleshpound. Now, I can do it even on normal mode as a firebug (firebug does not get any speed or melee damage bonuses) with a katana or axe, so it's really just something that takes practice. You have to learn the correct timing.

Upvote 0

btw im only lvl 2 bezerker :eek:
but lvl 6 Support , Medic and Sharpshooter
lvl 4 demo,Commando and Firebug. :)
A Scrake is stunned when you deal a certain amount of damage to its head in a single blow. Things that can do that are
Axe alt fire head shot from a level 5+ berzerker
Axe primary back stab from a level 5+ berzerker
Katana alt fire backstab from a level 4+ berzerker
Axe alt fire head shot from the back for any perk
And a chainsaw alt fire is pretty much interchangeable with the axe wherever you see it on this list.
I don't keep up with patches as much as others so this list may be a bit off, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As for what is the axe good for? It's basically used whenever you need power coupled with mobility but, have no need for attack speed.
EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it by a bit, anyway come to think of it I can't remember if it's percentage based or even if it has to be head damage.
EDIT AGAIN: I did some quick research and heard you have to do about 666 (Ha!) damage in a single blow to stun a Scrake. Doesn't seem to need a headshot either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The katana can only 'stun lock' the scrake on hard and below. It is more of a flinch than a stun. But you use the primary fire to his head and he won't attack you. You may need to be a higher level for it to work. I don't know because I was a level 5 berserker at the time of the last update.

The axe is the only weapon the berserker can use to fully stun a scrake from the front by using an alt fire to the head. Both the katana and axe can easily stun a scrake from the back as a berserker.

The axe is also faster at taking out fleshpounds than the katana since it does more damage per hit. But it is not necessary for that. The technique takes practice and I would suggest turning around after running so you don't accidentally run into anything. Make sure your mouse sensitivity is sufficiently high.

I remember when I first started to do this technique, I was a level 4 or 5 berserker on hard mode. I would often die from the fleshpound. Now, I can do it even on normal mode as a firebug (firebug does not get any speed or melee damage bonuses) with a katana or axe, so it's really just something that takes practice. You have to learn the correct timing.

ok thanks i was never really into zerker until a few days ago and im only lvl 2 thanks for the information :)

Upvote 0
A Scrake is stunned when you deal a certain amount of damage to its head in a single blow. Things that can do that are
And a chainsaw alt fire is pretty much interchangeable with the axe wherever you see it on this list.
I don't keep up with patches as much as others so this list may be a bit off, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As for what is the axe good for? It's basically used whenever you need power coupled with mobility but, have no need for attack speed.
EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it by a bit, anyway come to think of it I can't remember if it's percentage based or even if it has to be head damage.
EDIT AGAIN: I did some quick research and heard you have to do about 666 (Ha!) damage in a single blow to stun a Scrake. Doesn't seem to need a headshot either.

ok this is pretty much exactly what i needed to know thx!

Upvote 0
Don't get into the bad habit of "Flinch Stunning" by spamming the Katana's primary attack onto a Scrake's head.

As people have said, after Hard, this doesn't work anymore and you'll get your face chainsaw'd off. Get into the habit of using the axe, preferably in the back of his head, as it'll do headshot AND backstab damage bonuses.

Upvote 0

Chainsaw alt fire is not interchangeable with axe. Chainsaw only stuns from the back. Might want to read the weapon listed I posted more carefully ;).

@Bill Nye The Science Spy
The list that guy copied is in my signature, "Specimen Mechanics". Just scroll down to the part about scrake stunning and you'll have everything you want to know about stunning and flinching.

Upvote 0
Chainsaw alt fire is not interchangeable with axe. Chainsaw only stuns from the back. Might want to read the weapon listed I posted more carefully ;).

The list that guy copied is in my signature, "Specimen Mechanics". Just scroll down to the part about scrake stunning and you'll have everything you want to know about stunning and flinching.

I read that already about 4 times actually :)

Upvote 0

Ah, I remember reading that before but couldn't remember who posted it. Or where to find it for that matter. Thanks for posting that list btw, It's very helpful. I also remember seeing your video a few weeks ago, again very much appreciated.
And I do distinctly remember stunning Scrakes with chainsaw's was that changed in a more recent patch?

EDIT: Damn I feel stupid, just found that same thread on the same page as this! :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0