• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release Better Realism Weapons Mutator

What exactly is changed when it comes to terminal ballistics, I mean in regards to how many hits and such? Also would I be able to run this in single player (not campaign) and also are there any server operators in america running this?

Almost nothing. 7.92mmIS and 7.92mmK weapons are more reliable when hitting limbs, and the 14.5mm PTRS does more "damage" but it's just going to 1-shot anywhere regardless. I did *fix* the P38, it was doing 40 damage like the M1895 and now it performs like a 9mm. You will notice it will now kill in 2 body shots, and not 3.

Almost all the other weapons basically do the same damage; like the M1895 went from 40 damage to 41, and DP28 from 115 to 131. Tripwire's damage formula was exceptionally good, but they seemed to have mixed up or "balanced" the P38 for no apparent reason.

Upvote 0
Rising Storm mod tools are available! Soon there will be an update to this mod.

Upcoming changes:
-No Zoom compatibility will now be available as a separate mutator, which will be downloaded with the mod automatically. When Dribbler releases a No-Zoom mutator, it will work with this. Until then, this "version" of the Mod will leave zoom like the default Classic game mode.
-Rising Storm weapons will now have unique, more realistic statistics calculated exactly the same as the RO2 weapons.
-Changes to Kill Messages and Tactical View mode

Upvote 0
Any way you can make it so that sappers don't use SMGs? Thing is, those packs were designed to carry rifle ammo on the sides of their pouches. It was never wanted for someone who's laying charges to carry a MP, rather covered by one who had one. It's something I've harped since RO2 came out, but drowned out.

"Here the "front"side with the four small pouches
which are used for ammunition clips

The pouches are placed over each other

In total 40 rounds could be carried in the two side pouches
(20 rounds per side pouch)"

pio_bags_08.jpg
pio_bags_09.jpg

Upvote 0
No Zoom compatibility has had a lot of progress but I am not sure how to prevent the Snipers and Machine Guns from being able to zoom in. (By Sniper Rifles I don't mean the zoom on the scope, I mean the same zoom as the Machine Guns get that affects the world FoV.)

Also, Rising Storm weapons are coming along well :) Hoping for an update by the weekend.

Upvote 0
(By Sniper Rifles I don't mean the zoom on the scope, I mean the same zoom as the Machine Guns get that affects the world FoV.)

Also, Rising Storm weapons are coming along well :) Hoping for an update by the weekend.

Good News :D

But there is no shift zoom for sniper in classic, or what does you mean? World field of view? Not sure that I have understand you right. But without any zoom and without the ability to use the shift key for zoom. MGs and all weapons seems fine for me. That

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No Zoom compatibility has had a lot of progress but I am not sure how to prevent the Snipers and Machine Guns from being able to zoom in. (By Sniper Rifles I don't mean the zoom on the scope, I mean the same zoom as the Machine Guns get that affects the world FoV.)

I managed to eliminate MG zoom in my mutator, so no worries

Edit: same method should work for extra Sniper zoom, too

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just put this on a server I set up to test mutators.
Look for a server in the unranked area. It is currently called Sound Mutator+BetterRealism_RS Mutator Test Server

Is there a config file where admins can make some adjustments. For example I am not a fan of the classic run speed used in this mutator and in classic. If you are able to give admins so setting options that would help your take up rate.

Also, like the sound mutator on my test server, I am unable to make it run from the server command line. The only way to get it running on the server is to do a map change and include the mutator command in the URL variables.

Also there is a BetterRealism.u and a BetterRealism_RS.u if there server is running both RO2 and RS maps what is the impact here.

Also cant get both mutators working at the same time. Getting BetterRealism_RS to work and it seems to load up and is in the mutator menu. BetterRealism.u is not however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also there is a BetterRealism.u and a BetterRealism_RS.u if there server is running both RO2 and RS maps what is the impact here.

They affect the separate maps, BetterRealism is only for RO2 maps and BetterRealism_RS is only for RS. Load them both if your server has both RO2 and RS maps running. There's no performance difference because the mutators only activate on their respective maps.

Upvote 0
They affect the separate maps, BetterRealism is only for RO2 maps and BetterRealism_RS is only for RS. Load them both if your server has both RO2 and RS maps running. There's no performance difference because the mutators only activate on their respective maps.

I tested it on Cat's server and there was a lot missing. It was definitely running (slow run speed if nothing else) but the weapons didn't handle differently, the recoil was unchanged and the snap/flinch effect was as subtle as always.

Upvote 0
If that's the case, me and Dibbler are working on a new system that will enable us to use certain custom weapons (such as MG34 Belt) and when that's finished, we shall test again.

Also with what you've stated I've set the mutator to run functions client-side, which hopefully will have an effect. I will upload this fix today for further testing; later down the line we will be able to test Role changes as well :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0