• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Betio and Multiplayer Campaign Changelog

Nothing on the gamebreaking peripheral indicators? Pity.

I mean, how many times you "terminator'ed" someone because of that blob?
Or killed someone that otherwise you would never have seen?
Or knew the enemy movement from across the map because of the tiny dots?
Or "saw" somenoe throught the smoke?
Or knew the enemy positions just by quickly poping from cover?
Or did a quick "spin scan"?

I know I did several times just in the match I'm playing right now and I'm sure most veterans do it even more!

GAMEBFREAKING! Worst implementation of a otherwise cool feature. Do something about it or just disable it by default, PLEASE.

Make jungle maps SCARY!
Flanking as a real tactic.
Those tripwire tin cans something usefull.
Cover arcs something basic!

LESS TWITCHY!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I know I did several times just in the match I'm playing right now and I'm sure most veterans do it even more!

GAMEBFREAKING! Worst implementation of a otherwise cool feature. Do something about it or just disable it by default, PLEASE.

Make jungle maps SCARY!

LESS TWITCHY!

Thank you.

If I remember correctly the peripheral indicator is a server setting, and they tweaked the indicators so that you should not be able to spot people as easily as it used to be (unless the enemy is standing right next to you).

Upvote 0

Make jungle maps SCARY!

LESS TWITCHY!

Thank you.

It`s time for a real realistic mode for adults.

Upvote 0

Make jungle maps SCARY!

LESS TWITCHY!

Thank you.

Server side setting, no need to even bother with it. If you do/don't like it, find a better server to play on :p

Upvote 0

once or twice. dosent happen too often.

Again, not that often. I useall know where People come from and go to

So anoying. I HATE the Little dots that just Pop up

I dont Need dots to know that if there is smoke i have a good Chance to shoot whoever inside it if i just spray it with a mg.

Thats a normal technique we used in ro1 alot. Needs some skill tho.

never occured to me to try...sounds gamey and risky.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly the peripheral indicator is a server setting, and they tweaked the indicators so that you should not be able to spot people as easily as it used to be (unless the enemy is standing right next to you).

It`s time for a real realistic mode for adults.

Classic mode has peripheral indicators disabled.

Server side setting, no need to even bother with it. If you do/don't like it, find a better server to play on :p
I know it's a server side option ,the Classic mode has it disable and it was tweaked some patches ago but just because it once was worst doesn't mean it's right now.

Problem is: I can only play on a handfull of servers because of the ping (and there isn't THAT much servers anyway) and "nobody" plays Classic (I really expect this changes after this patch).

Not even replying to BlackLaber because that is a complete denial of the problem.

and keep spiels like this in their appropriate threads, not in the update release thread :rolleyes:
Which I did here, here and here and got completly ignored. :rolleyes:
Chances are that Devs are looking more closely to this one....

Anyway, I'm not your average raging user. Been playing this since launch, played RO1 a lot, loved DH and my "main" game is the whole Arma series.
Instead of repeating all that I know, try to ignore those indicators, play with the whole HUD disable for once just to get the feel of it. It's a whole another game, much more tense and less twitchy when you have to watch you flanks instead of "just knowing" someone is somewhere there, with time you can get a pretty accurate first guess on where they are.

Upvote 0
Brazil. Yep, it is sad.
There is one or two servers down here but most times there isn't population for it (there is barely any worldwide) and I honestly never saw a single server on Realism with that disabled.

lol, what are you talking about?! Why don't you play on European/American servers? I get an average ping of 180 on foreign servers and it's totally playable (up to 260 is fine in this game).

Last edited:
Upvote 0