• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Test Update 9th March

Don't forget for the the Steam's Friends Beta, they just updated it today. So if you'd like to use it, you have to select the friends tab and agree to be part of the beta. From then on it will show you online to your friends. If you'd like to add me to your list to try it out, your more than welcome to. My account name is: [email protected]

Upvote 0
I got it working, hear is the pm of me getting help from yoshiro

<Yoshiro> in target
<Yoshiro> add the commandline
<Yoshiro> for steam beta
<Yoshiro> after steam.exe"
<Yoshiro> so yours will look like "C:\Program Files\Steam" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends
<Yoshiro> then start steam through that shortcut
<KillItNow> "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends
<KillItNow> k it looks like this now
<Yoshiro> k looks right
<KillItNow> ohh i thought you had to start steam then click on the thing wtf
<Yoshiro> no
<Yoshiro> now start steam through that shortcut
<KillItNow> i did
<KillItNow> its updating
<Yoshiro> and it should update you to a steam friends beta build

Upvote 0
6th army deserter said:
Hmm i have cut and pasted all the command lines mentioned , right clicked the steam icon on desktop ,properties , target ,cut and pasted this "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends ,and still getting invalid command!!!
Am I missing something obvious?:rolleyes:

where is your steam installed?

Upvote 0
6th army deserter said:
Hmm i have cut and pasted all the command lines mentioned , right clicked the steam icon on desktop ,properties , target ,cut and pasted this "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends ,and still getting invalid command!!!
Am I missing something obvious?:rolleyes:

had same prob m8 after\steam.exe"make sure there is a space before you type -clientbeta etc. it worked for me hope this helps...:)

Upvote 0
I have entered the command line exactly as given, and for two days the new "Friends Beta" worked. Now it won't allow me to connect, and from the looks of the people listed playing on the beta servers, it isn't allowing the majority to beta players to play either, the 2 west beta sites have zero players, and of the two east servers, only one has a handful of players on it, what gives??

Upvote 0