• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Test Update 9th March

Ok guys here's the deal.

The line you put in your STEAM SHORTCUT(Not RO Beta shortcut, this confused me) starts a beta version of the Steam Friends Network that you need to Play the RO Beta.

You will see a Steam update bar downloading the new content.

If you use another shortcut you have for another game or the RO Beta shortcut to start Steam and play, Steam will update its normal version without the Friends Beta, giving you the connection error on the RO beta.

In your STEAM SHORTCUT(not RO BETA shortcut), put: -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends with a space after the "...Steam.exe" part so it looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends

Mind you your pathway might be different like" Program Files/Valve/Steam/Steam.exe..."

Now you start Steam first with the Steam shortcut and then play normally,

If you want to use the RO Beta shortcut to START STEAM AND play, then put this in your RO Beta shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends -applaunch 1210

Now it will start the correct version of Steam.

You have to do this with every game shortcut on your desktop, otherwise you will launch the regular Steam version without the Friends Beta.

Put the -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends in between "...Steam.exe" and a -applaunch xxxx and now you will launch the correct Steam version needed to play the Beta.

Short version:
After you put that line in your STEAM SHORTCUT, start Steam only from that shortcut, THEN choose open RO Beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TheBeagle said:
Ok guys here's the deal.

The line you put in your STEAM SHORTCUT(Not RO Beta shortcut, this confused me) starts a beta version of the Steam Friends Network that you need to Play the RO Beta.

If you use another shortcut you have for another game or the RO Beta shortcut to start Steam and play, Steam will update its normal version without the Friends Beta, giving you the connection error on the RO beta.

In your STEAM SHORTCUT(not RO BETA shortcut), put: -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends with a space after the "...Steam.exe" part so it looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends

Mind you your pathway might be different like" Program Files/Valve/Steam/Steam.exe..."

If you want to use the RO Beta shortcut to START STEAM AND play, then put this in your RO Beta shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends -applaunch 1210

You have to do this with every game shortcut on your desktop, otherwise you will launch the regular Steam version without the Friends Beta.

Put the -clientbeta steam3friends -beta steam3friends in between "...Steam.exe" and a -applaunch xxxx and now you will launch the correct Steam version needed to play the Beta.

Short version:
After you put that line in your STEAM SHORTCUT, start Steam only from that shortcut, THEN choose open RO Beta.

have a cookie on me beagle, nice post m8 .hope i'm not spoiling you..:)

Upvote 0
Lol i had zero problems zero

why dosnt anyone join the westcoast servers btw? i get lower ping on them by a nice amount yet none joins them in it right now:)

Also has anyone noticd the explosion bugs?
on stalingrad i proned under a hand rail dropped 20lb of exp and didnt die
on arad i dropped a nade behind a apc standing and didnt die

anyword on the sound?

Upvote 0
stiler : update vid and chipset drivers, undo your overclock (if any)

or if you want to really see what the problem is turn off the auto reboot on problem so you can see the blue screen and write down what it says so we can see what he cause is.

(to do that, right click my computer --> properties --> advanced --> startup and recovery, settings --> tick off automatically restart --> hit ok
then start RO:O again. )

Upvote 0
TheBeagle said:
Ok guys here's the deal.

Short version:

I think i've done everything there o_O. but it still doesn't seem to work

Upvote 0