• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 2] RO-Berezina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
berezinabeta2.jpg

***** README *****

RO-Berezina_Beta2
August 26, 2006
by: Mark 'Slyk' Dittman

email: [email protected]
www.after-hourz.com/forum

(c) 2006. NO PART OF THIS PACKAGE MAY BE ALTERED IN ANY WAY FOR ANY PURPOSE.

Download link: http://www.after-hourz.com/misc/slyk/ro/beta/RO_Berezina_Beta2.zip

=============================================
CHANGE LOG: BETA 2
=============================================
++ BT7 PROTOTYPE ADDED! The T60 is being used as the base prototype for the BT7. This model has all of the characteristics of the BT7 and only LOOKS like the T60.
++ BT7 files MUST be installed to the /Common/Red Orchestra/System directory!!!
++ Server admins PLEASE be sure to configure your downloads appropriately.
=====================
Our model maker (Lex) broke his upper arm and our skin maker (Postman) was in an auto accident and had injuries to his eyes due to flying glass. If you can not hack driving the T60 eventhough it 'is' a BT7 in every way but looks, please play another map and reserve your complaints for something else. We are trying to make the best of the situation and take steps toward vehicle and map balance.
=====================

- NO BOT SUPPORT. They do not work and it's enough wasted hours.
- Repaired terrain errors/holes on east river bank rifle pits.
- Replaced most deco-layer wheat with static mesh wheat- Collective Farm fields.
- Collective Farm Capzone is now inside only, including the 'U' open ground at the well.
- Second Defesne Line Capzone is modified, smaller, encompasses all trench works.
- Village CP Capzone is now entirely inside the main house/CP.
- 'No Artillery' volumes added to cover all vehicle spawns.
- Spawn protection added over exposed positions, some minefields added to restrict enemy.
- North Road disabled KV tank: water added to better simulate 'stuck'.
- Improved optimization with zones and zone portals.
- Adjusted cull distance on eye-candy statics.
- Various terrain smoothing, painting, etc.

German Team changes:
- Additional Halftracks added to most German spawn locations.
- Tanker Crew now only carry pistol.
- Engineers now carry only Kar98, not MP40.

Russian Team changes:
- Russian reinforcements increased to 280 (beta1 = 240).
- Russian tankers: 'Crew' now only carry pistol.
- Engineers now carry M38 rifle in place of SMG.

Slyk do the new vehicle files need to set up for download?
If so I am not not sure that the redirect will allow multiple downloads to different folders?

Nah..... actually they xfer super fast as is and go right in the cache folder.... in fact the only file xfer'ed is the "AHZ_ROVehicles.u" the other files are created by RO.

For Clients;
I tested with and without the files placed in the client system directory... and in either case, all worked well. That's because of the fast xfer of the 21k "AHZ_ROVehicles.u" file and its implementation by RO from the cache folder.

For Server Admins;
Only Server Admins need be concerned with ensuring the "AHZ_ROVehicles.u" is in the system directory. The little 1k files RO creates for you.

Beta2 is nothing less than I'd expect from Slyk and AHZ Crew. It's EXCELLENT!

To the two ailing guys... plz get well soon. ;)

As usual... thnx Slyk for a great job!!

Upvote 0
Thanks Mike!! Huge Thanks, actually. Great information from an admin.

Vivid, once we have it finished, we will release it and anything else we can develop to the greater community. I do not know at this time, and doubt that we will release the 'source files', however. But we intend to enhance the communities resources by allowing everyone to include our vehicles in their maps.

Sounds: Yes. I forgot about that 'wood' and 'stone' sound. I will look into that for the next release, which I hope would be a 'final' but we'll see how B2 goes before I rule out a B3.

Right now the next step wholly depends on the balance of the map with the hybrid BT in there and if there are other major issues. I already decided two hours after posting the file that I need some spawn protection for the Russians in the deep rear because of a**hats who find it so manly to ignore all the objectives and just drive to the river and then slime their way backwards to spawn rape. That type of player is so 'CoD' hahahaha... bastards.

Upvote 0
I honestly didn't notice any differences as far as LOS is concerned, but they probably are there (and I'm sorry Oi, I was one of those who scoffed at you in-game).

The only problem I had were massive fps lag attacks, occuring when looking toward the bridge from the first defense line, or looking in that general direction (is it north? I forget) caused some lag. During an artillery barrage at the first line it was hellish.

Overall though, I really, really enjoy the map. The changed weapon loadouts really make a difference in the way that the map is played.

Upvote 0
I honestly didn't notice any differences as far as LOS is concerned, but they probably are there (and I'm sorry Oi, I was one of those who scoffed at you in-game).

The only problem I had were massive fps lag attacks, occuring when looking toward the bridge from the first defense line, or looking in that general direction (is it north? I forget) caused some lag. During an artillery barrage at the first line it was hellish.

Overall though, I really, really enjoy the map. The changed weapon loadouts really make a difference in the way that the map is played.

This is exactly whats been happening to me. I usually get the lag spikes during an arty barrage and usually when looking towards the 1st trench line, in the village looking towards the last 3 objectives, and sometimes in vechiles regardless of position.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.