• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC (Beta 2) Abomination spawn death near Abomination doesn't cause stumble consistently.

MrRogersBestNeighbor

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2015
It seems the stumble triggered by killing an abomination spawn by Abomination isn't working consistently in Beta 2... I hope this is a bug, because otherwise how are you to possibly maintain distance from Abomination as a perk without movement speed bonuses? When are you supposed to actually have any time to fire at him or are you only supposed to damage him by killing abomination spawns near him?
He's practically impossible solo HoE as Commando, Demo, etc.. as there doesn't seem to be any way to maintain distance from him anymore (guaranteeing you will be hit with Gorge on top of (often teleporting) abomination spawns) and soon after another Gorge, even with the increased cooldown).
Am I missing some sort of strategy or is this a bug?

He seemed to work fine in Beta 1. Albeit with a few other flaws.

Last edited:
I hope the following will help you toward finding, knowing or understanding why it fail.
Shoot him in the face whenever he start inhaling air to take a bite, he will stumble back on high pourcentage.

Like every boss they all have weakness and strenght and the weapon that affect them, perk related or not.
Worse weapon. Flame and poison on par low dammage round.
Best weapon. High end explosive, High caliber round, Shotgun, Melee.

Abomination Strenght armor is highly resistant to dmg and possess an immunity or very high resistance to all debuff. Alot of health.
Abomination weakness: Once the armor is broken prone to fall often, fall back easily. Can be damaged by shooting on none armor part "FEET" and stumble/fall prone anyway.

Against the boss for obvious reason
Best Perk: Medic(barely affected), Gunslinger(fast)
Average perk: everything else
Worse Perk : Firebug(fire dmg don't affect the boss until armor removed)

In my opinion.

Weapon/Perk good choice for boss.
Commando : stoner(all ammo side perk wise and stumble ofcourse)
Support: aa12, m4
Firebug: Microwave Gun, projectille weaponry
Swat: eerrrrrh something?
Medic: MedShotgun, anything
Sharpshooter: Railgun, Crossbow, M99
Demolitionist: rpg... projectille weaponry
Gunslinger: mag500 or whatever
Berzerker: anything(if your good with parry, otherwise the eviserator....)
Survivalist: Just pick high end round weapon.

Solo on regular wave boss are all dificult to deal with if you don't run fast enough. All that is slow.
Some perk don't have the mean to go toe to toe with KF2 Boss.

Hope it help somehow. Nothing against you really

Upvote 0