• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best perk and tactic to accumulate money?

Sharp with LAR seems to be good tactic, although I would take advantage of the trader-time suicide/respawn tactic, and it's tough to do so with LAR respawning with xbow.

Berzerker with axe also works too, but I feel firebug is most easily succeed.

Firebug level 6 spawn with armor and flamethrower with full ammo. During traders, I sell the used flamethrower (and extra 9mm), run to spawn, toss dosh, die with 9mm out, respawn with full armor and flamethrower, pick up dosh and extra 9mm, repeat and profit.

Upvote 0
Berserk them all with your axe!

Or play Pyro with the flamethrower.

Please no. ;_;

Sharp with LAR/MK or mando with an AK. Both can kill a lot and are cheap.

Although if you plan on switching later, it's generally best to let people know. That way if there's another sharp they don't switch to something else when you switch to demo etc. I generally just go sharp then demo myself.

Upvote 0
It all kind of depends on what perks you favour and the team set up. For example sharp with the lar sounds wonderful but I'm a terrible sharp so that wouldn't work out for me. I find spawning wave one as firebug, selling the flamethrower and going mac10 only, with maybe a flare as backup works best for money for me. Put the mac on single shot and get headshots when you can and rake in the money. Or sometimes medic can be an easy way to get money in hoe, even early I find a lot of the pubs I play with get hurt and even die in the early waves, though medic is the perk I usually main anyways so I don't know how well it would work to switch mid game.

Pretty much every single perk can be efficient and effective for saving money as long as you conserve ammo when you can and you enjoy the perk. Even spawning as demo, usually you get plenty of money from kills alone, and usually generous teammates as well to help out when approaching later waves.

Upvote 0
I'd probably say firebug as the guys have said.

Depending on how much you want to killwhore, you spawn with a completely full FT (rather than half-ammo most classes have) and armour. On W1-4 you can kill anything downwind of a husk with not that much fire, and a FT should last 2 waves if you're being careful. Your armour should as well (augmented by healing syringe). No money spent at all, and after the second wave you can sell everything and swap class (still keeping any armour you've saved). If you don't mind spending a bit of dosh or looking for ammo, you can last 3-4 waves with the FT easily (up until W6 really, when you should really be looking for other tactics or weapons).

Upvote 0