• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

Capt.Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
This thread is a summary for the devs what gameplay or technical changes were suggested.
It should also keep newbies from posting the same idea over and over again (like flyable planes). ;)
If you think a thread is missing plz post in here or send me a PM. I will add every good idea that has a positive feedback!

Most wanted INFANTRY Suggestions:

Points for Squadleaders (Score or XP) for successful artillery marker placement and squad spawning

small
customization like different
helmets Link (78% voted for this!)
(Heroes? selection: normal helmet - steelwire - netfoliage - camo cover - white paint - whitesheet cover)

Removing spawnprotection once the enemy team is out of reinforcements Link

Small icon on top of players who use a mic Link

magnetic tank-mines
the tank mines are already ingame, but they are NOT magnetic like they were in WW2

Last stand maps (Wave defense/Holdout maps) Link
3-5 human players in a fortifed house or bunker against waves of 15-20 bots who attack the bunker

Authentic Mode SuggestionsLink
far too much to add every single suggestion in there, just go and read (good stuff in there!)

Country Flag in the scoreboard (teamroster) next to each players name Link
So you know who is from your country, makes it easier to find someone with your language (could be transfered from the steam account)

Fair system to select weapons: Link
Players with fast computers can always select their weaponry first, while people with
slower loading computer are generally forced to always play with leftover weaponry.

showing the average skill level
of players on a server, based on their ranking Link (not working)
this will help players to choose a game with players of the same skill level. A total newbie wont have fun on an experts game.

choose your weapon upgrades (unlocks) in the class selection menu before mapstart Link (96% voted!) (Yes)

Soviet marksman can select the plasch palatka (red army cloak/poncho). Link (Yes!?)
wraped rifles as achievements for Heros (was used by normal dedicated marksmen, too, not only by snipers - see Link!)

suppression fire for MGs (Yes)

Flamethrowers and molotovs (considered)

Squadleader can select location to deploy stationary MG or antitank gun on different fixed spots on the map.
Like there are 10 fixed spots for deployment, and the SL can use 2 of them. That way the map dont gets boring cause its always changing.
It will prevent a "standard procedure" of attacking, cause you dont know where the fixed guns are at the start of the round
(if its too complicated to include that the SL selects the spots, it can be also random) (Yes for random)

A system to share ammo: drop individual clips and magazines to team mates.

asymmetric team ratio for some maps where attackers have a larger team.
Meaning the game autobalances the teams so that you can have 2:1 Russian or German numerical advantage.
Defenders have the advantage of a fortified building which is easy to defend. This would fit for the later maps where Germans are in the pocket.

Easy pickup system for dropped weapons & ammo! Link (Yes)

Stuka attacks (No - considered but too powerful)

pickup of 2 types of nades. (1 frag 1 smoke) Link
pickup ingame, no selection of 2 types in the menu

Uniform variety:
fieldmade wintercamo (bed linen cover)

checking MG ammo by looking at belt or drum Magazine
(soviet DP machinegun had markings on the drum so you can see the exact amount of bullets left)

Medals achieved visible on players body (Iron Cross, etc.) Link
shouldn't be too difficult to modify the skin and change it via online ranking on steam

Raindrops running down on binoculars, tank optics and sniper scopes. Link
on maps where it rains, of course!

Bayo stabbing from behind should be lethal Link

Mobile Artillery (guns being towed with Halftrack or manpower). Link

Limited Ammo in supply crates depending on map or gamemode. (relaxed = unlimited, hardcore = limited)
Or maybe just on some maps like in the last weeks of defense for the germans

Server sided Ragdolls Link

Remove enemy notification in cap bar Link

ability to roll when prone Link

Wirecutters for engineer class Link
maybe for RO3? ;-)

MG42 hip-firing Link

Look over deployed light MG (like you can look over the fixed heavy MG) Link
Helps to scan for targets without the ironsights. Also make the tracers useful.

alternative capture system Link

Individual Reinforcments: Reinforcment pool depends on your class and your style of play. Link
A great idea proberly just for the Hardcore mode. Please read the whole thread to understand

Manual reloading (topping off) if bolt rifle mag is half full Link
should be able to reload bolt rifle with part stripper clip if your mag is half full

Tutorial for new players. Link (Yes)

Local voice chat communication Link

Crater Marks from Artillery

standard layout of PPSh should be drummag on realism mode Link (Yes)

exchange ammo between scoped/unscoped Boltaction (also between Mosin/SVT) Link

Reloading or changing your weapon inside transport vehicle. Link

No teamkill if you kill friendly player with a dead nade. (nade that explodes after you died)

Body armor (unlock) for soviet hero engineers Link
either cosmetic only or slight bonus against nades and handgun bullets, but no sprinting and stamina loss as balance.

Weapon sway should be affected by stamina and health

destroyable objects/objectives (and ammo boxes) visible on the overlay

Most wanted TANK Suggestions:

Open your tank for friends to drive with
We need a system where you see which player wants to be in your tank, like "Player XY want to enter your tank; YES/NO)

killmarks on tanks for destroyed enemy tanks Link

tank communication between commander and human driver (like with bot)

Give an option to make the AI crew shut up

Tanks should drive through fences, roll over trees ect. Link (YES!)
A 45 ton tank can

Last edited:
Ok that's your opinion. I personally still missing a few ideas in the list. For example my ideas...

This list is not complete yet!
And its not MY opinion. I havent even included some of my OWN ideas!
Its a summary of good suggestions in this forum.
And of course I could not include ALL good suggestions right from the start, it took already much time to gather these together.

What are your suggestions that should be included...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like all that except the ranking/experience system and the ratio sytem for auto-balancing teams, giving Russians 2:1. Yeah I know that would be historically correct, but I also know that would be not a lot of fun from a gaming stand-point. Being almost certainly ASSURED that you could never win from the German side sort of defeats the purpose of playing a game. And don't knock me for not appreciating history....I have a history degree.;)

The experience system would almost certainly require some sort of ranked server set-up like Battlefield. I'm not sure I want the additional cost passed on to me as a server host. And I don't think it would do well for the community if new players coming in automatically saw that they were at a visible, tangible disadvantage relative to other players. I never liked that aspect of BF2 and the later CoD games. Just play a few rounds...you'll see who's who out there.

Of the tanking items, I like most of it, but if ALL of it would put the game release into 2014, I'd say just prioritize the items that have to do with tank physics. I could live without riding on a tank, more realistic animations, pistol ports etc.

Overall a pretty good list, but let's not allow the pursuit of utter perfection get in the way of actually having something incredibly good in a reasonable time frame.

Reactions: Capt.Cool
Upvote 0
A lot of the things stated there are discussed with a lot of controversy and i wouldnt say that the general community said they agree to most of them (seeing the threads on a lot is enough) let stand make them beeing the most preferred additions. It looks more like out of suggestions made by people you picked the ones you found the best and wanted the most yourself.

Especially when calling them most wanted, as a lot of the things rank pretty low on my priority list. If you make a list with a ranking said to represent the community it would be nice if you could make a more complete list and let the community vote for itself on how important they find things.

For me the primary thing I want in rohos, is some issues from roost not transferring over to the next game: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35598

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing you applied any kind of scientific rigor in selecting those points in the list. Really, come on now, this thread was just an excuse to use more of that orange text you like to throw in all your posts to get attention wasn't it?:p

Seriously though, just let the devs read through the suggestion sections, they'll pick up on what's good for thier design, what is requested by the players, and what is feasible. No need for a summary thread.

What WOULD be useful is one of the mods making a sticky thread of ideas that are frequently suggested. Like bullet penetration, flyable aircraft, hip-firing the MG-42, etc.

Upvote 0

Please stop ranting if YOUR FAVORITE idea is not included and just post the link to the thread that should be included.

What WOULD be useful is one of the mods making a sticky thread of ideas that are frequently suggested.
Like bullet penetration, flyable aircraft, hip-firing the MG-42, etc.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT!
And why the hell do ya think a moderator would do a better job then me...?

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicSnake
Upvote 0
Capt. Cool great job. That list was needed. Its also highly recommended to add O'Shannon features.

When i find more time i put some of my thoughts but now i can admin that most of tank features were made in Darkest Hour mod.

Thing like Tankshell penetration, Riding on tanks, Destructable optics/vision glass and Realistic hull penetration are in DH. So imho there is no problem to bring it to RO:HoS. Such things should be in RO, developed by TWI but they just finished developing of RO:O.

Upvote 0
to me this thread is completely unnecessary and trying to show your favorite suggestions to everyone by typing with big letter fonts... just sorta like Zetsumei said.
The TW developers already stated in other thread that all good suggestion will not be forgotten and don't need to open new threads about same things all over again just beacuse someone is bored and can't wait for the game.

Upvote 0
to me this thread is completely unnecessary and trying to show your favorite suggestions to everyone by typing with big letter fonts... just sorta like Zetsumei said.
The TW developers already stated in other thread that all good suggestion will not be forgotten and don't need to open new threads about same things all over again just beacuse someone is bored and can't wait for the game.

Right! In addition, there are many other really good ideas in the forum which I can not find here, and it would be pointless to post them all again! I am sure that TWI, the best ideas of the community in RO: HoS inserts... :)
I can not imagine that our ideas have no role in the development of RO: HoS because it would not be very wise to disappoint his loyal fans! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0