• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

I want to suggest search dogs for multiplayer.

The player has a dog on a leash that follows him wherever he goes. Whenever he gets within certain distance of the enemy, the dog starts to sense it and pulls in the direction of the enemy. The player can proceed to search or unleash the dog at which point it will run towards the enemy to take him down. After the dog does its job, it goes on to attack any other enemies in the area and if there are none it returns to the "owner".

Upvote 0

The player has a dog on a leash that follows him wherever he goes. Whenever he gets within certain distance of the enemy, the dog starts to sense it and pulls in the direction of the enemy. The player can proceed to search or unleash the dog at which point it will run towards the enemy to take him down. After the dog does its job, it goes on to attack any other enemies in the area and if there are none it returns to the "owner".

I'm afraid this isnt Sims:Unleashed. Or atleast I dont look favourably upon that idea - since guard/search dogs were not really used on the frontline and would be highly ineffective and pointless.
Search dogs were mainly used behind the lines by say the Gestapo and SS-TV for things like partisans, apprehending those breaking curfew etc. But not the frontlines.
I think, atleast if you saw a dog running at you - a ravenous dog - shoot it? It is only common sense I'd think and what real effect would that have? Sure maybe in the singleplayer but it doesnt have any real purpose in the multiplayer.
If you were indeed referring to singleplayer forgive my otherwise ruthless seeming post

Upvote 0
Nice topic, I don't know if my topic was backed up enough or anything, but I'd like to see some changes in the way we're fighting in close combat.
So here's the link of my post. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35051
Also there are a few other ideas so feel free to list what you think is a good idea.
Look also at O'shannon to my thread, it makes sense ;)
I'm surprised the "suppression fire" proposal is not listed here already anyways.

Upvote 0
i think that this thread MUST be TOP-thread

Thats called a STICKY! Yes, somebody should sticky it, please. :)

RiccardoTheBeAst: Realistic damage model for Tanks (sorry took some time)

Zetsumi: important ideas regarding server profile support

kid Charlemagne: magnetic mines and molotovs

TT33: Spawning inside vehicle rather than the mad dash to a vehicle (I will sum up all your other ideas later)

Upvote 0
ME wants Destructible Buildings! Objects! TERRAIN!

We all want that, and thats why its already on the list: see the first 2 posts in the TANK list. ;)

You are serious?
That suggestion IS ALREADY in the list! See the "attack dog" in the TURNED DOWN section. :rolleyes:

for the other suggetions so far:

TT33:
Realistic Armor
for APC
Ranking system to insure the best vehicles go to the good players
Realism ideas for tank combat (summary of all your realism related ideas)

Metalhead:
suppression fire for MGs
(defenitly a top priority on the list! This topic is nothing new, it was already
discussed 1000 times in the old RO forums. Thanx a lot for reminding me)

I will take a look at your other ideas later.

Emperor:
full body awareness (see your legs)

Upvote 0
I think the tank damage system should be completely replaced by some realistic penetration system, getting rid of that stupid "tank health". I mean, or the shell penetrates or it doesn't, and if it does not, the tank shouldn't take a single damage(or damage the tracks that were the most fragile parts of the tank). But if the shell does penetrate, it should disable any tank in a single shot, or disable or damage only the part it got hit, like in Men of War.

Upvote 0
Ammo capacity has to be reduced to 20 rounds per rifleman and 100 rounds per submachine gunner. A new soldier class that is responsible for resupplying the team has to be introduced. That soldier will carry an ammo pack that he can drop for anyone to use (including himself). His ammo packs should be unlimited, but with respawn and despawn times of 10-15 seconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ammo capacity has to be reduced to 20 rounds per rifleman and 100 rounds per submachine gunner. A new soldier class that is responsible for resupplying the team has to be introduced. That soldier will carry an ammo pack that he can drop for anyone to use (including himself). His ammo packs should be unlimited, but with respawn and despawn times of 10-15 seconds.

So you decided to post this suggestion to the thread "Best suggestions-what we really want in HoS"?

I find this idea not being in accordance with the topic.

Your suggestion would not make the game any better, or increase realism. So no.

Upvote 0
many important ideas regarding server profile support Link

should be renamed I think as the description is wrong. The following would be better:

many important ideas regarding competitive play support

-------------------

For vehicles I think its important to note penetrative abilities for non armoured vehicles. Like jeeps, motorcycles and trucks if they get added. So that anyone with rifle, smg, pistol can take out scouting vehicles as easily as they could in reality (meaning that if scouting vehicles get added they truly cannot be used for drive by shooting as it would mean suicide).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With 20 rounds per rifleman, players will be surviving long enough to request supplies. This is fair just as many other things which have been scaled down in RO:OST. You may also observe that the frequency with which you die on some maps is unrealistic.

Another way to effect the supply role is to give infinite ammo to all classes but MGs, semi-autos and SMGs. This is what RO:OST had in effect, because to expend 50-60 rounds with a bolt action rifle in the course of one life was nearly impossible. The supply class will then only have to worry about resupplying automatic weapons. When somebody needs to be resupplied, they may sometimes have an option to take an enemy weapon. This will only cause an issue where the friendlies mistake them for a foe, by relying on the unique sound of the firearm.

But generally speaking, the conclusion is that the supply role will have its uses. For this purpose the German machine gunner should carry one belt of 200 or so rounds and should call the supply man when he runs out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
should be renamed I think as the description is wrong.

Done, Zet.

@ Tiger2: You are right, in 90% the rifleman dies before he run out of ammo.
But thats not a reason he should be given less ammo. Dont forget: RO is a realism based game, and thats why 60 bullets are ok.

Btw, there is no supply class in RO! and I dont think there will be. This is not BF:Stalingrad. But if you really think there should be a "BF style supply class" in the game, and less ammo for the rifleman, plz open a new thread and lets see how the community likes it.

If the majority in this forum (at least 75%) backs you up, I will put your idea on top of the list!

Upvote 0