FNG / Fresh Meat
- Sep 12, 2009
Some thoughts on how I feel the berserker can be improved, starting with his main problems right now.
- Sniper does his current job better, and at range. I don't like nerfs, but at the very least the M14 needs a reduction in ammo capacity. Perhaps also a reduction in sniper headshot bonus damage or something of the sort.
- The berserker has a lot of weapons available, but they are just "the same but better" with a new skin. Everyone else usually has some more choices to make; do you want scoped or not? Do you want duals at the cost of a good ironsight? Do you get a weapon with AOE that might hurt yourself? More range at the cost of firepower? Etc. They can have tools for more situations.
- Knife - as default. (Though, see below for an ability.)
- Machete - Change to "Machete and Riot Shield," increase the weight. (Props to whomever had the riot shield idea, not mine.) New effects: slows your movement speed by a large amount, and adds armor effectiveness.
- Fire axe - Reduce weight by a block and add a small AOE damage effect. (Someone had suggested being able to break welded doors for it, too.)
- Katana and Chainsaw - No change, these remain the top damage dealers with no extra functionality.
- Sledge hammer - A heavy weapon, between the fire axe and katana/saw in damage. Large carry weight. With slow swing speed, but the ability to stun the specimen it hits. A useful weapon to try and keep tougher specimen away from your team. (If the fire axe gets the ability to break welded doors, perhaps this one ought to, too.)
- Weapon throw! Certain weapons, namely the knife, machete and fire axe can be thrown with alt-fire at an enemy for a good amount of additional damage on a head-shot. This also drops the weapon, so should only be done with your backup weapons, and if you miss, might end up quite a distance away. (Perhaps the weapons themselve should receive the "throw" ability, so everyone could do it, but only the berserker would benefit from the bonus damage of doing so.)