• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker Skills buff?

I personally don't like the Berserker skills nerf since 2 out of the three I use are still nerfed. They are Skirmisher and Resistance are still nerfed they are the survivability skills I use and they are still nerfed. While Parry gets a nerf than a buff why is that? Another thing is why is that the damage skills for the berserker are untouched while survivability is nerferd, also the hemoclobber is still op that didn't get nerfed why?

• Love
Reactions: MrtPsr
They are Skirmisher and Resistance are still nerfed they are the survivability skills I use and they are still nerfed
Skirmisher was nerfed because players abused the health regen to never die in conjunction with the Zerk's innate tankiness. Resistance was nerfed to encourage players to learn to parry and stop leaning on Resistance as a crutch.

Which is fair; the game should encourage players to learn the ins-and-outs of the melee system, and parrying is integral to playing Zerk well.

While Parry gets a nerf than a buff why is that?
Unless someone from TWI pops in to confirm this, it's hard to say for sure, but my best guess is that the Parry nerf had the knock-on effect of making Zerk's DPS worse, which hurt the risk/reward factor they intended to bring the Zerk down to when combined with the other nerfs. The Parry duration effect still allows you to chain together Parry bonuses for attack boosts while not making it something obnoxious you have to fish for every 6 seconds, like the nerf would have done.

And on that note...
why is that the damage skills for the berserker are untouched while survivability is nerferd
See the risk/reward factor. Berserker was far too tanky for far too little effort while still being able to hold his own even if played badly, to the point where players were using it to circumvent difficulty levels. The survivability nerfs are meant to tamp down on the "sonic ninja tank" playstyle that Skirmisher enabled, while still keeping the Dreadnaught "choke/boss tank" completely viable.

also the hemoclobber is still op that didn't get nerfed why?
Yoshiro has mentioned in the summer beta threads (I think it was one of those) that the team is looking at nerfing it.

Upvote 0
Even if all my operations are perfect, I still have to lose a lot of HP, and the HP recovery means are weakened

In addition, sometimes I get hurt before the monster raises his hand, and blocking long-range damage sometimes doesn't work. Regardless of proficiency, these bugs make it more difficult to operate perfectly

Upvote 0
I still think that they should give some slight buffs to the Berserker's base game content and also drop the Piranha Pistol's damage somewhat. I think changing the damage from 120 to 80 would be the harshest they can do without making them completely useless.

At the very least, I feel like there needs to be more in the way of passives in such a way where Level 25 players only get a slight buff, but leveling up the Zerk will also suck a lot less.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Berserker is still powerful on 6p HoE, assuming they don't run off solo or backpedal into corners, no perk should do that. Additional passive abilities or Skill boosts are not needed.
That's assuming you're already at Level 25. Most balancing discussions often fail to take Level <24 perk levels into consideration, and barring the milestone skills, Zerk really only gets Perk Weapon Damage and nothing else. I doubt there's much harm in migrating some elements from Berserker's skills into becoming passives so long as the buffs to Zerks already at Level 25 are only minor

Upvote 0
Most balancing discussions fail to take difficulty levels into consideration. Players that cannot cope with HoE should play Normal, Hard or SUI - and that's perfectly fine, I mess around on lower difficulties sometimes. However, you as a low-level berserker should not ask for boosts to raise you to the level of a better player. If you are struggling you'll have to practise on lower difficulties. Find a perk, difficulty and weapons that suit your playstyle. This has nothing to do with lack of passive boosts, weak skill-choices, DLC weapons or base weapons, this is a matter of honourably accepting your own inability to select the right difficulty. Players with more experience should not have to suffer from ideas of casual players. Once again, select the appropriate difficulty and stay there until you're ready to move on. This is the very purpose of difficulty levels.

Upvote 0
That's assuming you're already at Level 25. Most balancing discussions often fail to take Level <24 perk levels into consideration
Because balancing should be centered around 6P Hell on Earth as the game was intended to be played, and 6P HoE should only be attempted by Lv. 25 players to begin with, like the difficulty selector indicates. Any level under that and you're either still learning how the game works (and thus shouldn't be on the hardest difficulty, thus you've brought the ensuing ass-whooping on yourself), or you're prestiging and thus you brought it on yourself because prestiging is useless.

Yes, it can be attempted by lower-leveled players, but that doesn't excuse the fact that you're knowingly bringing deficiencies to the hardest difficulty by doing so.

**chef's kiss**

Upvote 0