Berserker Skills buff?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DragonKing1001

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 30, 2020
I personally don't like the Berserker skills nerf since 2 out of the three I use are still nerfed. They are Skirmisher and Resistance are still nerfed they are the survivability skills I use and they are still nerfed. While Parry gets a nerf than a buff why is that? Another thing is why is that the damage skills for the berserker are untouched while survivability is nerferd, also the hemoclobber is still op that didn't get nerfed why?

• Love
Reactions: MrtPsr

OnionBubs

Apr 27, 2021
They are Skirmisher and Resistance are still nerfed they are the survivability skills I use and they are still nerfed
Skirmisher was nerfed because players abused the health regen to never die in conjunction with the Zerk's innate tankiness. Resistance was nerfed to encourage players to learn to parry and stop leaning on Resistance as a crutch.

Which is fair; the game should encourage players to learn the ins-and-outs of the melee system, and parrying is integral to playing Zerk well.

While Parry gets a nerf than a buff why is that?
Unless someone from TWI pops in to confirm this, it's hard to say for sure, but my best guess is that the Parry nerf had the knock-on effect of making Zerk's DPS worse, which hurt the risk/reward factor they intended to bring the Zerk down to when combined with the other nerfs. The Parry duration effect still allows you to chain together Parry bonuses for attack boosts while not making it something obnoxious you have to fish for every 6 seconds, like the nerf would have done.

And on that note...
why is that the damage skills for the berserker are untouched while survivability is nerferd
See the risk/reward factor. Berserker was far too tanky for far too little effort while still being able to hold his own even if played badly, to the point where players were using it to circumvent difficulty levels. The survivability nerfs are meant to tamp down on the "sonic ninja tank" playstyle that Skirmisher enabled, while still keeping the Dreadnaught "choke/boss tank" completely viable.

also the hemoclobber is still op that didn't get nerfed why?
Yoshiro has mentioned in the summer beta threads (I think it was one of those) that the team is looking at nerfing it.

Tris

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2019
TWI can nerf the berserker all they want, but don't give me HoE objectives every single day for both consoles. How am I supposed to complete them, then?

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
TWI can nerf the berserker all they want, but don't give me HoE objectives every single day for both consoles. How am I supposed to complete them, then?
play a solo game with 4 waves, makes hoe really easy to play.

OnionBubs

Apr 27, 2021
How am I supposed to complete them, then?
Click things in the face until you get the "VICTORY" screen.

Or failing that, just pick Firebug and play solo. Solo mode is easy enough to deal with that you should be able to farm the HoE achievements if you really care about it.