• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker Needs Help (Killing Floor 2)

ScareCrow

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 5, 2022
I've never posted before, but I've got a problem. I know some people think Berserker needed nerfed, but I think they've been TOO nerfed. I don't play Berserker, but I've prestiged him twice (I've played a lot with everyone else more). Personally, all my Berserkers are dropping Ion thruster and Battle-axe for Hemoclobber to stay alive. My brother was a long time Berserker, him and I would last to wave 60 average, and for the past year it's been me carrying him since past wave 20.
I'm not saying buff him as much as he WAS, I propose either raising his defense up from 15% back to 25%, or increase his regen's ability back to 2 HP a second. NOT BOTH, but just that bit of an edge so they're not stuck to using just Berserker Range and Medic Melee please? I Love the game and I'm not being hyper critical, I get where you're coming from, but something I think really needs to be added for our barbarian bois

Reactions: helvis
Why would you start your argumentation by saying that you don't play Berserker? It ain't really adding credit to your case. Sure, you prestiged it twice, but when was that? Pre-nerf?

If your friends are all keeping the hemoclobber as a battle for survival ensues... I'm sorry to say they're probably not very good zerks. The main tools the perk has to tank zeds are his extra resistance, his healing skills, his speed, his parrying... Quite a lot more than the other perks ! He also has access to EMP grenades, which can be used both offensively and defensively.

He also has access to pretty efficient weapon. Outside some idiocy like the Teslauncher, he has access to the face-melter that is the Pulverizer. The annihilator that is the Battleaxe. The impenetrable wall that is the Bone Crusher... Both his skills and arsenal are still very competitive and competent. You just have to be a little more careful rather than mashing M1 in the middle of the crowd.

Upvote 0
Why would you start your argumentation by saying that you don't play Berserker? It ain't really adding credit to your case. Sure, you prestiged it twice, but when was that? Pre-nerf?

If your friends are all keeping the hemoclobber as a battle for survival ensues... I'm sorry to say they're probably not very good zerks. The main tools the perk has to tank zeds are his extra resistance, his healing skills, his speed, his parrying... Quite a lot more than the other perks ! He also has access to EMP grenades, which can be used both offensively and defensively.

He also has access to pretty efficient weapon. Outside some idiocy like the Teslauncher, he has access to the face-melter that is the Pulverizer. The annihilator that is the Battleaxe. The impenetrable wall that is the Bone Crusher... Both his skills and arsenal are still very competitive and competent. You just have to be a little more careful rather than mashing M1 in the middle of the crowd.

Nah lol. Half the fun of zerker was being semi useful at tanking for the team on HoE. Now, unless you're using the shitoglobber or kiting or being ranged all together, you're about as useful as wet toilet paper. There's nothing berserk about running away or using guns or dying instantly without a completely broken weapon and a medic. Undo the zerker nerf. Scrap hemoshitter.

Upvote 0

Nah lol. Half the fun of zerker was being semi useful at tanking for the team on HoE. Now, unless you're using the shitoglobber or kiting or being ranged all together, you're about as useful as wet toilet paper. There's nothing berserk about running away or using guns or dying instantly without a completely broken weapon and a medic. Undo the zerker nerf. Scrap hemoshitter.
I was all on board with you up until the last paragraph... How can you mention all his tools, skills, passives, only to come to the conclusion that the zerk is garbage?

Upvote 0
It was literally your quote now that i’m looking at it. Hemoclobber could get another nerf for all I care. Berserker shouldn’t be the “hemoclobber perk” it should be the berserker perk, dedicated to tanking and meat shielding. Imo damage should be what gets chopped if people genuinely have an issue with the perk. Atm there isn’t a clear purpose for the berserker perk unless a medic is almost solely dedicated to healing, on solo the survivalist perk outranks berserker due to sheer versatility.

Upvote 0