• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker Ability Idea

That would actually be freaking badass.

Seconded. Zed time doesn't mean that much to other perks, but as a Berserker, getting those slow downs is critical to knocking off all those creatures surrounding you. If we could move faster than normal during the zed time, we could escape from sticky situations much easier and it would increase survivability. It makes sense that the Berserker's rage could allow him to move faster during a zed-time. It would also give a more concrete advantage to the Berserker having up to a 15 second Zed time if timing the swings appropriately.

Also, has anyone else noticed chainsaw primary fire doesn't work right when chaining zed time any more?

I was thinking about the possibility of the Berserker having the ability to keep fighting for a few seconds after his hitpoints reach zero. Like, he pushes himself past his own breaking point and survives just long enough to bash a few more skulls before finally going down. It seems pretty badass, but I think I like the zed time idea more. It'd probably also be less difficult to code. The delayed-death thing would require modification of the way Berserkers die, as well as their dying animations and stuff.

Upvote 0
That full or halfspeed movement during zed-time thing sounds supremely cool. I would honestly start playing berzerker for that alone.

In terms of increasing the chains of it? Good lord no. Honestly I hate reloading in slow-mo because some hacknslash guy up front is having the time of his life. It's fine exactly where the length of time is right now.
But honestly again, that movement during slowmo buff is a great idea. It's an action-oriented buff rather than a number crunch buff for a class that is essentially balls-to-the-wall ridiculous and suicidal to begin with.

Upvote 0
Seconded. Zed time doesn't mean that much to other perks, but as a Berserker, getting those slow downs is critical to knocking off all those creatures surrounding you. If we could move faster than normal during the zed time, we could escape from sticky situations much easier and it would increase survivability. It makes sense that the Berserker's rage could allow him to move faster during a zed-time. It would also give a more concrete advantage to the Berserker having up to a 15 second Zed time if timing the swings appropriately.

Also, has anyone else noticed chainsaw primary fire doesn't work right when chaining zed time any more?

I was thinking about the possibility of the Berserker having the ability to keep fighting for a few seconds after his hitpoints reach zero. Like, he pushes himself past his own breaking point and survives just long enough to bash a few more skulls before finally going down. It seems pretty badass, but I think I like the zed time idea more. It'd probably also be less difficult to code. The delayed-death thing would require modification of the way Berserkers die, as well as their dying animations and stuff.

i like that last stand sort of idea thing aswell.

Upvote 0
Ultimately, the idea has to bring the Zerker from what he currently is (I.E. Bullet Blocking Damage Taking Machine) to something useful.

The last stand bit is neat and all, but doesn't really fix what's wrong with him. (And, no, giving him a shield, and taunt, with sunders, is not going to help either.)

Honestly, the ability should be something more akin granting most if not all his power swings (alt fire) to stun or stop something from charging. That way, you WANT a berserker between yourself and a charging Fleshpound. You'd have to do something so that you couldn't just spam it and freeze a FP in place, maybe make them only susceptible once every few seconds, but generally it only takes that much time for a team to get it thru their thick skulls that the big one is the target.

Then again, I'm more for them adding a big old English Greatsword which accomplishes this while giving him the killing power to take on big stuff. Of course, I was for that rather than the completely ridiculous katana.

Upvote 0