• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BEER - Help me choose mine tonight!

BEER - Help me choose mine tonight!

• Total voters
Tonight I bought 2 of these luvly ales :) and 6 becks. :(

OldPeculier-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To keep this going

hobgob.jpg

Never been a fan of darker ales until recently, but liking hobgoblin alot since I was randomly picked up a few bottles in lidl (el cheapo but full of random good stuff 'super'market non UK people) a few months back.

I think you'll find that Lidl is a German supermarket and also that your glass is stolen from a pub, ya pikey :p

Upvote 0
I think you'll find that Lidl is a German supermarket and also that your glass is stolen from a pub, ya pikey :p

Knew it was German but I thought it had a different name over here?

Not stolen (thats my tenants glass after an old flat mate broke my old one and he managed to 'get' me another) my old off license gave me a few now and again when I bought grolsch as he was given 50 odd of them and couldnt get rid of them. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@shofferhoffer grapefruit: from reading the bottle it seems to elude its mixed 50%-50%; atleast thats what i guessed because regular shofferhoffer is 5% alc, while the grapefruit mix is 2.5% (exactly half..). yeah my poor german is enough to make out the first few lines on the back of the bottle, its a mix 50-50...

@nestor : ive got a bottle of hobgoblin in the fridge right now actually :p

oh one more Q to you regular drinkers of chocolate beers, do you drink them room temp or cold?

@mahnsikir: how is grolsh anaways, i bought a bottle today...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its alright, probably the best out of the generic supermarket beers (carling, calsburg, millar, bud, stella etc), in fact far better than most of them. Been a while since I've had some though.

One time in 2007 I found this can of Stella in my gran's house, the sell by date was in 1999. I drank it and it was minging, even more so than usual.

Upvote 0
One time in 2007 I found this can of Stella in my gran's house, the sell by date was in 1999. I drank it and it was minging, even more so than usual.

i was doing some digging up at a camp i used to work at making some drainage ditches. i broke some glass as i was digging, so i carefully dug a big further with my hands and unearthed two bottles of beer, stubby top (last time they bottled beer in stubby tops in canada was ~20 years ago), the labels had all rotted long ago, but the tops were pristine enough to say O.V. (Old Vienna). I cracked one open a year or two ago, wasent all that bad for something that had spent that kinda time in the ground (freezing every year i might add); and ive still got the other on my shelf....

Upvote 0