• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

Great job on the port Sambopukka. I could pretty much get down to adding mod features as you'd done all the hard work.

Main tweaks, edits and additions as follows:

1) Changed Karma Volume force to reflect mod vehicle speed. They clear the ramps and pass through flaming hoops very well now.
2) Terrain edits at ramp entry point to make them flush with the terrain. Mod vehicles are a lot more sensitive to front end damage and this stops them getting damage on the run up.
3) Removed all scripts, triggers, movers, counters, and non functional/redundant actors.
4) 4 X traders; 1 in each corner.
5) Fully pathnoded with sufficient density and spacing of Zed Volumes.
6) Random Wep Spawn and Ammo pickups with chance to get a Fuel Can. These are placed on redundant jump nodes that were removed and keep the architecture functional.
7) Minis and a couple of Merlins.

On loading the map I came up with some residual errors linked back to UT assets to these were purged on a Build All and now it's KF all the way.

Sambopukka, you must have spent a lot of time getting this ready in the background and your hard work has certainly paid off as KF-Tricky offers practically everything you could ever want. It'll be a great asset for the Killing Floor Vehicle Mod.

YouTube - KF-Tricky Map for the Killing Floor Vehicle Mod

tricky6.jpg

tricky1.jpg

tricky5.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok you missed quite a lot of things in the port I've fixed that, I'll post a download unless you've already ported everything for me.
Edit: Kinda random but make sure you give sum credits to me for helping with this :D (Not the map, the mod itself)
Are you an official member of the mod team for this, YoYoBatty?

Reactions: arramus
Upvote 0
Are you an official member of the mod team for this, YoYoBatty?

No he isn't Zips and never has been.

Why on earth would you want credit for doing zilch to the mod?

Sambopukka sent the map to Arramus who has put it into the game and set it up. You were not asked for any help on this mod and have never been invited to join the team.
Please refrain from misleading the public into believing that you are part of this mod when you certainly are not.

p.s. Sambopukka the map is absolutely amazing and must have taken you ages to get into KF. Thank you soo much for all of your hard work on that map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What you mean? I've helped out with this mod at one point. Remember that bug that prevented the vehicles from stopping on dedicated server if they ran out of fuel? I've also added this one feature that enables the vehicles to flip over. I've never been part of this mod my :IS2:

1. The fix you gave me didn't work! I ended up fixing that myself with other code! and I did explain that to you at the time but I will thank you for trying to help and get it working, so you do deserve a little credit for offering a possible solution.

2. I never used the flip code as I explained to you, it took away the realism of the mod!! and I didn't want the mod to go down the UT2004 route that you wanted to take it especially with turbo boosts and such.

I will thank you for your offer to help but at this point in time, we do not require it and I do not class you part of the team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. The fix you gave me didn't work! I ended up fixing that myself with other code! and I did explain that to you at the time but I will thank you for trying to help and get it working, so you do deserve a little credit for offering a possible solution.

2. I never used the flip code as I explained to you, it took away the realism of the mod!! and I didn't want the mod to go down the UT2004 route that you wanted to take it especially with turbo boosts and such.

I will thank you for your offer to help but at this point in time, we do not require it and I do not class you part of the team.

1. I appreciate your maturity thank you.

2. The vehicle flip code was taken from the UT2004 mutator called realistic vehicles, therefore saying that a vehicle flipping over is unrealistic from something that's supposed to make it more realistic is redundant. I am not forcing you to use this but neither am I saying you shouldn't, it's just something you should take note of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Testing out a couple of new features to the police car.

In addition to the left side passenger with the AK, the right side rear passenger is sporting the shotty.

shotgundude.jpg

And a siren with flashing lights to let everyone know you're coming. This image also gives a shot of the shotty welding support.

sirens.jpg

The police car is fast becoming a team vehicle ready to be loaded up.

Upvote 0
Looking in the thread again thinking about how awesome it'd be to have those buses, I'm chuckling uncontrollably.

Loving the progress!

This is going to be so very awesome. :cool:

EDIT: Is this the same mod that has the fuel can?

Lol, it would be funny I must admit, I'll see how flexible multipassenger is :)

Yep, is the mod with the fuel can

Upvote 0