• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

One feature request that has repeatedly surfaced during the development of the Killing Floor Vehicle Mod is for the inclusion of passenger weapons. Well, after much tinkering and at times frustration (I can vouch for that) Braindead has compiled a play test concept build to demonstrate the viability of a passenger weapon feature.

The following video presents an early development stage play test. There are still some tweaks coming so view this as just a concept taster. So far, this passenger weapon is in the police car in the form of a 'drive-by' feature where the passenger is leaning out of the window with gun a'blazin. This feature is also supported by the helicopter with a passenger controlled cannon seated outside on the left side that supports the pilot's controlled weapon on the right side.

YouTube - Drive-by Test - Killing Floor Vehicle Mod

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
Testing out 3rd person view of the passenger gunner. There's also an overhead view if you like it a little less challenging.

3rdpersondriveby.jpg

Running the Husk mut in Blood Mountain. It was like air raid flak coming at you.

huskmountain.jpg

And a teaser of the passenger gun for the helicopter.

twincannons.jpg

Upvote 0
So I just ported ONS-Tricky an old community map for ut2004

I haven't added traders or monster spawns and probably still needs some tweaking.
Wonderin' whether you guise would like to use it since it looks pretty good for harsh vehicle testing and for pulling stunts.

That's awesome thank you!!!

Would speak to Arramus as he is the map man on the mod but hell yeah, it looks like it could be a lot of fun and quite a large map too.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Send it to me, i'll make sure you've ported everything properly and check for exploits.

LOL but wouldn't you have to take every reference from UT2004 out of it first YoYO? which means the whole map?
Only kidding :)

@Sambopukka

You can send the map to yoyo by all means but I would appreciate if you sent it to Arramus, who will need to change a couple of things to get it to work with the mod, things that YoYo doesn't have due to having such an early and outdated version of the mod and I am more than positive that your mapping skills need no adjustments.

Thanks for the offer yoyo but Arramus is the best suited for setting up map specifics for this particular mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: arramus
Upvote 0
LOL but wouldn't you have to take every reference from UT2004 out of it first YoYO? which means the whole map?
Only kidding :)

@Sambopukka

You can send the map to yoyo by all means but I would appreciate if you sent it to Arramus, who will need to change a couple of things to get it to work with the mod, things that YoYo doesn't have due to having such an early and outdated version of the mod and I am more than positive that your mapping skills need no adjustments.

Thanks for the offer yoyo but Arramus is the best suited for setting up map specifics for this particular mod.

I've already started working on it though :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Reactions: arramus
Upvote 0