• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

The art team says you guys owe me something :) After spending the better part of a week hounding them, something you gave me in now in the dev build.

And I didn't think that my smile could get any wider today :)

Yoshi, I really cannot thank you enough, this really is awesome news, maybe not as awesome as my girlfriend giving birth to my beautiful baby daughter today but still, lol this is going to be a godsend for the future of the mod.

Again, I really can't express my appreciation enough of the dev team at TWI and their community commitment. Please thank them for me.

The mod is 99% complete, although it only has 5 vehicles to start with, the main core of the mod is based around what code has gone into getting this as perfect as possible. Everything now works online, including the running out of fuel and the Fuel Can option at the Trader.
I can now make vehicle packs at any time as a future download without having to ammend any of this mod.

The only issues so far are:

3rd person anims for the Fuel Can are not set up and after what Yoshi has had to do to get the driving anims released, I cannot ask him to convince the dev's into releasing these?..............or can I?

A vehicle will not explode and turn into a destroyed mesh, untill it has been entered. This is something the dev's set up in the ROWheeledVehicle code which I just cannot seem to fathom out or adjust for this mod. Maybe a dev can contact me and help me with this?
The Helicopter does it just fine but that is because the code extends from ROVehicle and not ROWheeledVehicle, so I no the problem lies there somewhere.

And that is it, everything else is fine but that will take some testing and beta testers to find any bugs before official release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks all and yes, it has been a very anxious and stressful week which is why I wanted to try and hammer on with this mod to be released before little one came along. Shame I never got there though but as with the child, all good things come to those who wait!

LittleUn30072010.jpg

And YoYoBatty before you ask, this isn't a new model I am gonna put in the game, LOL!

Reactions: arramus
Upvote 0
Thanks for all of the kind thoughts!

Back to the progress of the mod......

All damage systems are working perfectly now, Arramus spotted something which led me on the right track, so big thanks Arramus.

Vehicles now explode correctly when they haven't been driven, which has also implemented the damage when hitting other objects system, which I was yet to figure out.
This has also really balanced out the game well, as it isn't just a case of driving around and running over specimens, without risk of harm to yourself.

So far all is going very well indeed.

I am now going to attempt to implement a vehicle repair system to the standard welder.

Upvote 0