• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

i like the realistic take and using the vehicles already in game is great because im the kind of guy who likes realism or at least things that fit into the game. why not just code the zany vehicles into black cheetahs vehicle mod since it already features some crazy vehicles from some of the same games

Black Cheetah's vehicles are ports from UT2004 and HL2.

Upvote 0
We can make HUGE box maps for the heli but I'd like to check how feasible a single sheet 1024 terrain will hold up in KF. So far, it hasn't crashed the editor so looking good. Anything bigger causes the editor to become unstable and typically crash rather abruptly. I think this is pretty much as big as it gets for one terrain instance. I'll build this one for the heli before attempting multiple terrain sheets :) or a bigger box map.

YouTube - Blood Mountain Test for the BD Vehicles Mod

BloodMountain.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm not going to add much detail apart from some traders, a little more ground work, and maybe a few rocks here and there so it should be cool.

Here are 3 screenies showing the FPS. The biggest hit is on the diagonal when a lot is being rendered. I still have a lot of optimising to do with the terrain in the background and a few more antiportals for areas that don't need to render so that should increase to 60~70+. Other than that, it's pretty smooth sailing on my Nvidia 9800GT.

BloodMountain2.jpg

BloodMountain3.jpg

BloodMountain4.jpg

Upvote 0