• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

its not the fact that credit wasnt given, its the fact that people are unaware of my mods and talents. I'm just trying to save you guys time :eek:
Edit: I actually can't expect people to beware of my mods because almost all of them are lost in the general modding section or people just don't bother to even look at the section/my mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
I am quite positive that people look at your mods and that you have inspired quite a few modders to what is potentially possible.
I have known you to be very helpful to every modder on the boards so far and you were no doubt quite an influence on the parachute mod but to be honest, I would have done the same and started from scratch, as it's quite hard to work from someone else's mod that is ported from someone else.

It's much easier to start at the source and work from there, which you have no doubt found yourself in the past?

Upvote 0
I am quite positive that people look at your mods and that you have inspired quite a few modders to what is potentially possible.
I have known you to be very helpful to every modder on the boards so far and you were no doubt quite an influence on the parachute mod but to be honest, I would have done the same and started from scratch, as it's quite hard to work from someone else's mod that is ported from someone else.

It's much easier to start at the source and work from there, which you have no doubt found yourself in the past?

After reading this and my previous posts I asked myself this question, how could I be such an arsehole? I felt like I was useless and then took some time to look back on all the mods I've helped with, modders I've inspired, and best of all, mods that I've created. I truely appreciate your maturity and kindness. Now I ask myself this question today, where would Killing Floor's modding community and possibly Killing Floor itself be without my mods? Who knows? It could still be the same, it could be boring as hell, it could have died long before it originally did. You never know...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah you haven't been an ahole by a long shot, you are just a little frustrated, which believe me, I know how you feel. I started modding around 5 years ago and my earlier stuff went unoticed (or so I thought) and it does hurt, pretty much like a musician who's songs never get heard.

I definitely believe that your mods are invauable, even though you may not recieve adulation or praise, at the end of it, that doesn't matter, at least you can look back and say....I made that!!

Keep modding!! you will no doubt bring out something one day that will knock everone's socks off! and believe me I will be the first to sing your praises.

After reading this and my previous posts I asked myself this question, how could I be such an arsehole? I felt like I was useless and then took some time to look back on all the mods I've helped with, modders I've inspired, and best of all, mods that I've created. I truely appreciate your maturity and kindness. Now I ask myself this question today, where would Killing Floor's modding community and possibly Killing Floor itself be without my mods? Who knows? It could still be the same, it could be boring as hell, it could have died long before it originally did. You never know...

Upvote 0
Removed all reference to the parachute mutator as it's yet another topic of drama. I'll be very selective about what I post for this mod from hereon to avoid unnecessary flareups.

The changes I made were simply to use a KF sound 'going down' in place of the original chuteopen2.wav to keep the sound in context with other actions, repack the original SM and Tex in packets that were updated for KF (these were originals from 2004 and went in a loop on redirect and were not suitable for a KF server), customised the parachute texture. I'd also looked through Braindead's source files to grab some relevant KF changes and tweaks. I'd credited the original author Doc_EDo and anyone else who worked on it. Apart from one reference to author's name in a separate file, there was nothing in the .u files to show author(s). I know that Doc_EDo did a lot of bits and pieces and worked on a UT2k4 mod but I don't know if this was part of that package or a single entity.

What I'll do now is attempt to contact the original author (as I typically do - Perk Mut and Vehicle Maps) to get permission and ask Braindead to kindly make the requisite changes by himself using the original as a model and my texture/sound/package updates. That way Braindead can disregard what I played around with and be confident that all update elements for the .u file are of his own making.

EDIT
In fact, after scouting around for other DL versions of the mut I found what I hope is the first original release by the author before it got shipped off elsewhere. Doc_EDo requests that this mut remain intact and unmodified so I'll respect that and make a reasonable attempt to make contact on a couple of email addresses he used just out of courtesy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks to Yomommassis for the animations and JustFilth and Zi0 for the skins. The pinky has a much more suitable driver.

female_driver.jpg

Upvote 0
Looking forward to the next update.

I am not sure what is technically possible as I have never modded for the unreal engine(done loads of stuff for cod), but here goes anyway...

Would be great if you can add a custom Driver perk using Markos Perk mutator. This could have vehicle damage modifier based on perk level, along with cheaper fuel, faster refuelling and repair. If this is impossible then I suggest speeding up refueling, and adjusting the fuel refill cost. (it cost several thousand to fill it up but only a few hundred to buy a new can)

It would also be nice if you spawned with the correct perk weapons when using the perk mutator, instead of duel 9mm pistols.

The damage to the patty seems a bit high in vehicles, quite often he is killed with a single vehicle hit.

The only minor problems we have had have been the odd server crash, and getting stuck in vehicles when parked close to objects/walls.

Keep up the good work.

Les

Upvote 0