• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

bayonets are unlocks?!?!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
first off, sorry for bad grammar/speling im on my phone right now

iirc one of the previews said that the bayonet was an unlock. to be frank, i ma flabergasted by this decision. rambo buttsmack kills are much, much harder in ost than rambo bayo kills for me at least. thats like half my skills

but srsly, the game looks great so far. im gonna be in berlin tomorow so im kind of looking forward to seeing pariser/konigs/zoobunker/kreigstadt irl lol

first off, sorry for bad grammar/speling im on my phone right now

iirc one of the previews said that the bayonet was an unlock. to be frank, i ma flabergasted by this decision. rambo buttsmack kills are much, much harder in ost than rambo bayo kills for me at least. thats like half my skills

but srsly, the game looks great so far. im gonna be in berlin tomorow so im kind of looking forward to seeing pariser/konigs/zoobunker/kreigstadt irl lol

It was in the norwegian article.
However I have a feeling that it is about the bayo for guns like the Mkb42 and SVT, not the bolt-action rifles.

At least that's what I would do if I was TWI.

Upvote 0
However I have a feeling that it is about the bayo for guns like the Mkb42 and SVT, not the bolt-action rifles.

14 days ago i would have agreed with you, but now, with all that's been uncovered about the upgrade system, i seriously doubt this is the case, it seems every class and allmost every weapon will get unlocks now, so yeah, i can belive we have to unlock the bayonets for our Bolt-actions, that seems to be the way the wind is blowing for this game.

Now THAT would be realistic, why aren't the realism guys voting for this?

Because it's BS? Because that's not what happened? Because this game does not feature penal battalions?

Upvote 0
14 days ago i would have agreed with you, but now, with all that's been uncovered about the upgrade system, i seriously doubt this is the case, it seems every class and allmost every weapon will get unlocks now, so yeah, i can belive we have to unlock the bayonets for our Bolt-actions, that seems to be the way the wind is blowing for this game.

Because it's BS? Because that's not what happened? Because this game does not feature penal battalions?

Tbh that is exactly what happened, not because of the fact that there weren't enough guns (there were enough munitions so that even the penal battalions would be fitted with weapons) it's just they were stockpiling majority of them on the other side of the River Volga for when they could counter-attack (Large amounts of mobile artillery and tanks were also stockpiled) this payed off when the encircled an entire army group of the German army in Stalingrad. I also love the fact that no realism units have tried to force TWI to employ the policy of one gun for every 2 men, would create very 'Interesting' gameplay and also seems somewhat hypocritical :p

Source(s)
'Barbarossa' - A. Clark
'Stalingrad' - A. Beevor
'Brute Force' - J. Ellis
'World at War' - BBC Tv series
History teacher

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i dont think its going to be a mad grind to get them, in less than a hour i think you should have it

Which would make it absolutely pointless to do in the first place then. This is their way of making the game more accessible and stuff, but all this added crap if anything makes it more convoluted. I mean back in RO all people had to worry about was getting a hold of the game mechanics the first few days. Now people will have the game mechanics, and all these things as well. TWI is taking inspiration from other games (CoD isn't the only one to do it, and I've never said RO is turning into CoD btw) but I almost see this move more as fitting into the status quo as opposed to doing something different... keeping it simple. Obviously I don't expect RO1 with better graphics, I'm just saying they could have added some stuff and not put in others. Like I'm cool with leveling up and looking more and more rough and beat up look, as well as keeping stat tracks of headshots, captures all those things, but unlocking explosive ammuniton, or getting a scope on my gun? Come on now...

Upvote 0
Going back to when I said a lot of people didn't really like the sounds of this. JUST SAYING.
But we haven't played the game yet....Just saying;)....until it is Fact then it's just speculation...when (After the game is release)...It becomes Fact...Then we will ask....Why?....and they will say...Because....and We will still play the game anyway...Why?...Because....It's the perfect Arguement....Why?...because!!!!
Now I need a laydown....Why?......Because....people ask what is the Meaning of Life (Monty pYthon made a film about it...even)...I think I've just answered it:IS2:

Upvote 0
But we haven't played the game yet....Just saying;)....until it is Fact then it's just speculation...when (After the game is release)...It becomes Fact...Then we will ask....Why?....and they will say...Because....and We will still play the game anyway...Why?...Because....It's the perfect Arguement....Why?...because!!!!
Now I need a laydown....Why?......Because....people ask what is the Meaning of Life (Monty pYthon made a film about it...even)...I think I've just answered it:IS2:

I'm not gonna lie dude. The only part of what you're trying to say that I understand is when you are saying we haven't played the game yet. In which my response is... so what? I'm not complaining about the bullet physics or something. I mean how do you tell that you want or don't want a game? By hearing info on it and if whats in it sounds to your liking, as well as liking the gameplay vids of it, then you can determine whether there are things you do or don't like about it. I and many others have seen information on the game that a lot of people don't like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Welshie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.