• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bayonet is OP!

Yes, plenty of complaints about this overpowered weapon was filed during both world war 1 and world war 2, but unfortunately the high commands of either side refused to listen to reason and continued using this obviously overpowered weapon despite the protests.

Also, both the russians and brittish (and later americans) complained about the MG42 being overpowered and needing a nerf, but the germans just cited the fact that the russians had the PPSh 41, the yanks had the tommygun and the brittish had the piat... so they never nerfed it...

Upvote 0
Too bad when we are out of ammos we can't just throw the rifle using it as a javelin on enemies at short distances :rolleyes:

"THIS.... IS..... SPARRR'TAAAAA!!!"

*ph'thwink.... woosh.... k'sploock*

*german's squad leader is impaled through the face, right up to the trigger, which fires the gun & kills the MG coming up behind him*

*the rest of the germans duck for cover*

"Watch out for Ivan!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fun Fact: During the development of the rifle grenade, attempts were also made to produce a "rifle bayonet". This attachment was to be mounted over the barrel of a rifle. When fired, the bayonet would shoot off, impaling the enemy.

Experiments were stopped when they realized that bullets do the exact same thing.

Upvote 0
I am quite a fan personally, although these Russians may not be, it was a frenzied moment when the red mist descended i only remember wildly fired shots, screams and one Russian desperately drawing a pistol.

heheag.png

You woulden't believe it if i had just told you :p

Upvote 0