Bayo dive: Exploit or intensional?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Moz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
I've been doing this since the invite beta! Its not anything new. All it's really good for is looking awesome.

[tR]Mad Mac

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 23, 2006
Tampa, FL
Any good melee player wouldn't rely on this tactic too much for the simple fact that you are immobile after performing it.

And i've had someone try this on me once, I just jumped while he did it and made him miss. It probably looked hilarious to a third party observer.

Mr. Cheese

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2006
It's only good for "HAHAHA YOU GOT BAYO DIVED, PWNED". If you miss, you're most likely dead.

Crim

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
It's only good for "HAHAHA YOU GOT BAYO DIVED, PWNED". If you miss, you're most likely dead.

I wonder if you're the same Cheese.

If so, YOU GOT BAYO DIVED PWNED

:p

Honestly, though. The bayo dive is only good as a weapon of last resort. When you're two yards away from a submachinegunner and he just finished reloading. That sort of thing.

Whenever I use it, I die half the time.

MÆST

Nov 21, 2005
In one of the first German Iron Crescendo practices we had bayo practice. This entailed making a circle and then two player stepping into the center and bayoing to the death. The wins stays, the loser ... well he dies.

I had the longest streak of 6 or 7 straight kills and the bayo dive move had a lot to do with it. Not many knew about it at the time but they did after those repeated stabs to the face. I forgot who taught it to me but it was some other IC guy who dominated with the bayo.

[5.SS]Strother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
West "By God" Virginia
I started using this about 3 months ago before it was common knowledge. I actually did extremely well with it, it just takes practice, it's best used when people are stationary or using it when someone comes around a door and can't move out of the way. I find the kill rate to be extremely high per hit.

KrazyKraut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
The thing is: this is a game.

Gotta love the RO community:
When I say I don't really care if the tank commander's binoculars don't jitter while the tank's moving everyone screams "OMG RO MUST HAVE IT CUZ IT'S BE UBER-REALIZM", but when I say bayo dives were incredibly stupid and unrealistic then, all of a sudden, RO is just a game.