• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bay Bulletin - Hotfix Underway

Hey Sharks!

First of all, we want to thank all of you fin-atics for diving into the world of Maneater. We have been thrilled to see so many of you experience what we’ve created, and yes we hear you, many of you want more to bite on! Don’t worry, we are prototyping, and reading your suggestions on what sorts of DLC (or Downloadable Chum) we can send you via the waves of the internet and will be discussing those plans in the future.

That said, we know some of you are running into choppy waters, and want to assure you that we are working hard to address these issues as fast as we can. Currently our top priorities are the following items:
  • Save game loss/corruption and progression issues
  • Performance and crashes issues

And we are aiming to get an update out next week for PC, PS4 and Xbox One (updates may have some platform dependent timings) to address a majority of these. To help keep some of these issues from impacting you if you do find yourself experiencing them, check out this PSA where we are keeping players updated on our findings: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/maneater-known-issues-psa.2335719/

Once again, a huge thank you from us for Eating, Exploring and Evolving your way across the waters of Maneater. Keep your eyes here for the latest news and updates!

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
If you can’t recover my save data I’m gonna dedicate my life to getting a refund for this game and I will tell everyone I know and meet from now on not to buy this game. Unfortunately I don’t have anything better to do and I’m tired of spending my hard earned money on things that don’t work and ultimately disappoint me.

Reactions: baamzs
Upvote 0
would be nice to fix the tiger shark dissapearing and reseting on reappearing,other than that i was lucky,encountering no bad stuff,like i have all mapy at 100% and same for upgrades apart tiger´s keeping that at tier 4 as mutagen aint that easy to find once i have everything collected (as for "flesh",fat and minerals i simply cause a little havoc and then battle hunters til i have enough,retreating afterwards).

Upvote 0
I'll have more information to share tomorrow, but after having a meeting with the teams here at Tripwire I wanted to share more about the evolving situation.

The team has fixes that are heading to QA for test now. This includes items we had firm reproduction for, as well as items that we've had trouble reproducing in house. Due to the nature of those fixes we want to spend more time checking the entire build to make sure other systems won't break.

I'm hoping to have a Work In Progress changelog to share with you all that will cover the fixes that are in test at some point tomorrow. If all goes well, a build will be uploaded to our partners early next week with a full rollout likely mid week due to how this process works.

For those who have experienced these issues, we understand your frustration and thank you for your patience. I have updated the original post to reflect our current anticipated patch timings.

Upvote 0
Well I loved the game and hoping for some huge dlc will defo pay for. Have a base PS4 only experienced slight slow frame rate now and then but nothing unplayable. Great work on this game. My only criticism is it could have been a lot bigger. And I am unable to platinum the game as the one landmark in dead horse lake. The one by the large horse statue is glitched and preventing me from getting four trophies as they are all tied to one another. I.e queen of the wasteland :- complete all objectives in dead horse lake.
Science experiment :- acquire 100% of available evolutions.
Queen of the ocean :- reach 100% objective in all regions.
And the trophy which is preventing me from getting these is.
Tourist :- find all landmarks.
please please fix this and give us more content.

Upvote 0
I'll have more information to share tomorrow, but after having a meeting with the teams here at Tripwire I wanted to share more about the evolving situation.

The team has fixes that are heading to QA for test now. This includes items we had firm reproduction for, as well as items that we've had trouble reproducing in house. Due to the nature of those fixes we want to spend more time checking the entire build to make sure other systems won't break.

I'm hoping to have a Work In Progress changelog to share with you all that will cover the fixes that are in test at some point tomorrow. If all goes well, a build will be uploaded to our partners early next week with a full rollout likely mid week due to how this process works.

For those who have experienced these issues, we understand your frustration and thank you for your patience. I have updated the original post to reflect our current anticipated patch timings.
Keep us up to date !

Upvote 0
Well I loved the game and hoping for some huge dlc will defo pay for. Have a base PS4 only experienced slight slow frame rate now and then but nothing unplayable. Great work on this game. My only criticism is it could have been a lot bigger. And I am unable to platinum the game as the one landmark in dead horse lake. The one by the large horse statue is glitched and preventing me from getting four trophies as they are all tied to one another. I.e queen of the wasteland :- complete all objectives in dead horse lake.
Science experiment :- acquire 100% of available evolutions.
Queen of the ocean :- reach 100% objective in all regions.
And the trophy which is preventing me from getting these is.
Tourist :- find all landmarks.
please please fix this and give us more content.
Kinda envy you as i do love trophies and achievements but epic do not have those. :)

Upvote 0
I’m on PS4 and one landmark in Dead Horse Lake shows up on my map as an undiscovered location but when I get to the location the marker isn’t spawning in for me to unlock the landmark it is the last one I need for 100% in the area and full 100% in all areas

Attachments

• C9586D60-9D6C-4F37-B0AF-F69DA939DDB7.jpeg
    C9586D60-9D6C-4F37-B0AF-F69DA939DDB7.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 3
  • A197807F-C2EE-42E0-A74E-F5435367983B.jpeg
    A197807F-C2EE-42E0-A74E-F5435367983B.jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0